British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Poole Championship Play-offs Friday 29th September 7.30pm

Final match of the season at Armadale. Hopefully not the final match ever at Armadale. After being refreshingly open and transparent last year about the future of Edinburgh Speedway, the promotion have somewhat gone into their shell this season. Probably not helped by a difficult season on and off the track.

After Kyle Howarth pulling out of the away match, Justin Sedgmen was injured last night so it's R/R again at #1 for the Monarchs.

A dead rubber maybe, but the weather is set fair and hopefully the home team can put up a decent performance against the title favourites. 

STELLAR MONARCHS: Rider replacement for Craig Cook, Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering (captain), Dayle Wood, Bastian Borke.

WESSEX MARINE PIRATES: Richard Lawson, rider replacement for Anders Rowe, Ben Cook, Zach Cook, Steve Worrall (captain), Kyle Newman, Joe Thompson.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Final match of the season at Armadale. Hopefully not the final match ever at Armadale. After being refreshingly open and transparent last year about the future of Edinburgh Speedway, the promotion have somewhat gone into their shell this season. Probably not helped by a difficult season on and off the track.

After Kyle Howarth pulling out of the away match, Justin Sedgmen was injured last night so it's R/R again at #1 for the Monarchs.

A dead rubber maybe, but the weather is set fair and hopefully the home team can put up a decent performance against the title favourites. 

STELLAR MONARCHS: Rider replacement for Craig Cook, Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering (captain), Dayle Wood, Bastian Borke.

WESSEX MARINE PIRATES: Richard Lawson, rider replacement for Anders Rowe, Ben Cook, Zach Cook, Steve Worrall (captain), Kyle Newman, Joe Thompson.

Josh and Paco did you proud at Wimborne Road. Surely they will do similar at home, with Kye and Lasse also doing better?!

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Josh and Paco did you proud at Wimborne Road. Surely they will do similar at home, with Kye and Lasse also doing better?!

Kye yes, Lasse no. 

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No but Edinburgh have their own stream. 

Yep, it's the river called the Water of Leith! :D

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

Pirates to win this one 52-38 with that pesky Pickering nibbling away at our points! :D

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

Edited by lbw

10 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Just enjoying my flat white on my own hoping Paul get hammered.

Is that statement not copyrighted? :lol::drink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Disappointed again :party:

If you didn't choke on the coffee, you will choke on the result :rofl:

A good meeting to finish off 2023, which was closer than the final score made it look and had some fine racing.

But more disappointment after the meeting when a very emotional Josh Pickering announced he would not be back with the Monarchs next year.

John Campbell announced Armadale is available for next year but there's still a few things to sort out before they can confirm Monarchs will be competing. He also said there were grave doubts over the NDL as a whole never mind the Monarchs Academy's participation. The season has obviously taken its toll on John and Alex, let's hope a new year brings more optimism and we're still able to watch the mighty Monarchs.

• Like 1

Josh Pickering ends with plenty of shale in his face from 2, yes 2, WORRALL LAWSON 5-1's!

Job done!

C'MON THE BOYZZZZZ :t:

Alreet my lover? :D

U must be so upset as ur hopes & dreams av been dashed.

Oh well, call the Samaritans!