British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Have they done 3 home and 3 away meetings this season.Play offs don’t count I believe.

Lambert has been deemed to have  MA to be able to guest 

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tip of the iceberg.....

Just carry on in your see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil bubble

where's the evil ???? .... basically sheffield have only replaced injured riders (bar one) , didn't Ipswich 'dump' their young up and coming rider (great confidence booster) to strengthen their team ???? :o

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

It's a shambles that Chris Harris can guest For Sheffield having already rode for Ipswich.  The rules are making a joke of the sport again.

here's one post i agree with fully ! 

We beat Sheffield at home in the cup by 20 but Fricke and Musielek got 17 between them i would expect Lambert and Harris to get minimum 20

Absolute stupidity to have Harris riding the rules are farcical. 

He guested for Ipswich in the semi final yet can ride but someone like Lidsey who rode in the semi finals cant , makes a mockery of it all

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Lambert has been deemed to have  MA to be able to guest 

Yes the one achieved in 2019 that the regs state is no longer valid as it is too old and so he was given a new assessed average - albeit that they then attached the very same figure from 2019!!

A direct contradiction - it's either relevant and suitable or it's not...... The reasoning also relies on what is NOT written in the regs rather than what IS. A bizarre approach to take!

There in lies the basic problem. The reassessment should have reflected the true up to date ability (shown in his GP performance and play off appearances last season for example)

Even now he COULD have an official average from 2023. Although the ideal is to use the first 3 home and 3 away meeting there is provision to attach an official figure without riding those 'minimums'

Given Lambert has ridden a total of 6 (2 home 4 away) those results would give a fairer reflection and COULD be used

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

Are they..I followed speedway for years are in a new  match you can use a guest if the ave is correct . I expect Harris has rode for most teams this year.. no idea what all the fuss is about.

There isn't a rule all year that stops riders who have rode for one team in a competition riding for another., in the playoffs there is a rule, so that rule should cover all rides.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes the one achieved in 2019 that the regs state is no longer valid as it is too old and so he was given a new assessed average - albeit that they then attached the very same figure from 2019!!

A direct contradiction - it's either relevant and suitable or it's not...... The reasoning also relies on what is NOT written in the regs rather than what IS. A bizarre approach to take!

There in lies the basic problem. The reassessment should have reflected the true up to date ability (shown in his GP performance and play off appearances last season for example)

Even now he COULD have an official average from 2023. Although the ideal is to use the first 3 home and 3 away meeting there is provision to attach an official figure without riding those 'minimums'

Given Lambert has ridden a total of 6 (2 home 4 away) those results would give a fairer reflection and COULD be used

Why isnt Chris Holder's average assessed, a very long time since he rode here.

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's amazing 

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not really..I expect  you  go back into any season in speedway and put that sort of thing up.if you wanted to. Or you  could  say he  changed clubs once and was guest for two teams in the play offs. But of course that's  not so dramatic 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Why isnt Chris Holder's average assessed, a very long time since he rode here.

Is it not?

Just the usual lack of integrity, transparency and consistency then......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

There isn't a rule all year that stops riders who have rode for one team in a competition riding for another., in the playoffs there is a rule, so that rule should cover all rides.  

No there is  no rule ..another forum myth .just like the made up gentlemans agreement ..

2 hours ago, orion said:

What gentleman agreement was that.. got a link to it? 

Can't lay my hands on it right now

I think it has been placed inside a unicorns scrotum and then filed in an invisible diary under the date the 12th of never :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The SAINT said:

here's one post i agree with fully ! 

Quite agree re Harris, just hope there's a very loud silence stadium when he's announced, just hope he has a night when he's trying to find the right set up.

I wouldn't worry too much, The sport will be finished soon and the higher ups will be the ones to blame. 

The sport in this country has a 0% chance of gaining a new wave of fans and the only fans they've got left are mostly Over 65's (Just look at Sheffield last night) and that's because they're loyalists who'll put up with the BS because they've followed the sport for over a decade to a point where they don't have it in them to walk away.

The AGM is being held in Spain this season (What could possibly go wrong?) so expect to see more clownery than ever before in 2024.

Ipswich are the true champions whatever happens in the final imo, Team that's stuck by their riders through thick and thin whilst not kicking up a sh1t3 storm via some sort of shenanigans.

Edited by TTT
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Are they..I followed speedway for years are in a new  match you can use a guest if the ave is correct . I expect Harris has rode for most teams this year.. no idea what all the fuss is about.

It’s common sense that if you can’t use guests from another team in the playoffs then once you’ve guested for team in the playoffs you can’t then guest bud or another. Similarly it would make sense for this to supersede the 8 day rule meaning Lawson could ride for Sheffield in both the semi and final for example.