British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Orion give it up you’ve had an absolute mare. You had no idea Harris has been so good at Ipswich. “If he scores more than 7 are be amazed” whatever that means, is a terrible shout considering he’s scored more than that in every visit there for the last few years as Arch has shown. “Harris is unlikely to beat Doyle or Emil or even King” is another corker considering he beat Emil on his way to paid 14 on his last visit whilst also beating King twice in the same meeting.  Someone stick a fork in the forum jester he’s done. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

Orion give it up you’ve had an absolute mare. You had no idea Harris has been so good at Ipswich. “If he scores more than 7 are be amazed” whatever that means, is a terrible shout considering he’s scored more than that in every visit there for the last few years as Arch has shown. “Harris is unlikely to beat Doyle or Emil or even King” is another corker considering he beat Emil on his way to paid 14 on his last visit whilst also beating King twice in the same meeting.  Someone stick a fork in the forum jester he’s done. 

i am fully aware on how well Harris done at Ipswich in the ;past . are explain to you again very slowly because quite clearly its very hard for you to take in .  ive  looked  at the rides that Harris has on Monday and don't see him scoreng that many points  for a number of reasons . What he's score before does not make that opinion wrong or right .its just my opinion . as for beating Emil he was in the same heats as him twice last week as was  way behind him both times 

We shall see who is right on Monday night simple as that 

8 hours ago, Aries said:

To me it seems he is so desperate for Sheffield to win he is trying to make out that Harris will have a bad night which will gift Ipswich the title whereas in reality all known previous form suggests otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

To me it seems he is so desperate for Sheffield to win he is trying to make out that Harris will have a bad night which will gift Ipswich the title whereas in reality all known previous form suggests otherwise. 

I think Orion has a point vs Belle Vue only Kurtz seemed to fancy it.

Yes the track may suit Bomber again but he will be up against Emil, Doyle and King which will be harder than previous

If Bomber returns 7 from 4 rides minimum i think he's done well once again, yes he could in one race beat Emil or Jason but he could also miss the gate vs King/Rew and conceade a 5-1 against

Will be a great watch if i can sort my VPN out to watch here in Turkey

6 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I think Orion has a point vs Belle Vue only Kurtz seemed to fancy it.

Yes the track may suit Bomber again but he will be up against Emil, Doyle and King which will be harder than previous

If Bomber returns 7 from 4 rides minimum i think he's done well once again, yes he could in one race beat Emil or Jason but he could also miss the gate vs King/Rew and conceade a 5-1 against

Will be a great watch if i can sort my VPN out to watch here in Turkey

I cant see Rew beating him and he could easily beat King in my opinion, obviously all options are available which is why we love the sport so much, it could be a great meeting, Lambert is a massive boost for Sheffield and he rode well last night after some bike issues . Unfortunately for Ipswich Rew is no longer at reserve.

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Correct it’s clear as day what he’s doing. Underplaying Harris and Sheffields chances despite the evidence thrown his way that contradicts literally everything he’s saying. People aren’t daft to fool for that codswallop. Personally I think he’s still smarting from Swindon’s demise and Seeing an ex Swindon stalwart in Doyle leading another team to victory rankles just a bit too much. He’s free to root for whoever he likes though I’m sure every neutral will more than likely pick a side who they’d prefer to win. 

Edited by Aries

4 minutes ago, Aries said:

Correct it’s clear as day what he’s doing. Underplaying Harris and Sheffields chances despite the evidence thrown his way that contradicts literally everything he’s saying. People aren’t daft to fool for that codswallop. Personally I think he’s still smarting from Swindon’s demise and Seeing an ex Swindon stalwart in Doyle leading another team to victory rankles just a bit too much. 

Of course all Ipswich will be happy if he has a bad night! He had a breakdown last night and he only scored 4 in the crucial Leicester meeting so there is hope 

Edited by foreverblue

Louis has a decision to make on the track. It was very grippy and tricky to ride by all accounts for the Cup match and Holder, Howarth and Pickering were all useless and didn’t fancy it on the night. That would play in to Harris’ hands though. Make it a bit slicker and easier to ride then Holder will get stuck in and be a threat. Ipswich have to take at least a 10 point lead going to Sheffield IMO. Watching them on Thursday the middle order pair of Holder and Pickering will get heat advantages all night long at Sheffield over King and Rew unless King brings his A game. 

13 minutes ago, Aries said:

Louis has a decision to make on the track. It was very grippy and tricky to ride by all accounts for the Cup match and Holder, Howarth and Pickering were all useless and didn’t fancy it on the night. That would play in to Harris’ hands though. Make it a bit slicker and easier to ride then Holder will get stuck in and be a threat. Ipswich have to take at least a 10 point lead going to Sheffield IMO. Watching them on Thursday the middle order pair of Holder and Pickering will get heat advantages all night long at Sheffield over King and Rew unless King brings his A game. 

I did notice King hasnt ridden too well at Redcar but I thought he was superb at Foxhall,nearly won a race after getting into trouble so he maybe keeping his best bikes at Foxhall. I would imagine a league title with Ipswich is very high on his bucket list.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I did notice King hasnt ridden too well at Redcar but I thought he was superb at Foxhall,nearly won a race after getting into trouble so he maybe keeping his best bikes at Foxhall. I would imagine a league title with Ipswich is very high on his bucket list.

King has been in really good form through most of September for both clubs but just the last week or two as you say, he’s just starting to drop off it a bit. Desperately need him firing. We also can’t afford to carry anybody so Riss is going to have to contribute something over the next two meetings if we’re to be successful. A repeat of his three duck eggs at Belle Vue will be a disaster, especially without Rew taking a ride as Hume is unlikely to fair much better away from home. By his own admission he’s been surprised and very grateful the promotion stuck by him this year, he now has a golden opportunity to repay that loyalty. 

• Like 2

May the best team win over 2 legs.  I don’t mind which team wins - it will just be good to see these 2 teams doing their best to win it.  Guests are a necessary evil and I’m sure if you were to ask any Sheffield supporter, they would much rather have their own riders over any guests but those are the cards they have been dealt.  The rules allow Harris to ride (as they have all season) so no point in complaining - although if he had only scored a handful of points in the semis  I’m sure no one would be complaining :wink: C’mon the Ipsfield Robins (including those currently injured) :t:

• Like 3

Looks like there may be a bit of light rain tomorrow night but I'll predict Ips 43 She 47. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Why would I want Sheff  to win.? Just a pure neutral looking to see a decent final ..I have opinion that Harris won't score that many this time based upon the opposition he's against, nothing more nothing less.No idea what the big uproar and drama is about expressing that view 

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Why would I want Sheff  to win.? Just a pure neutral looking to see a decent final ..I have opinion that Harris won't score that many this time based upon the opposition he's against, nothing more nothing less.No idea what the big uproar and drama is about expressing that view 

No drama from me , I dont know why you would want Sheffield to win but that is what your posts indicate.I dont mind either except like BV last year, it seems Sheffield have benefitted from using guests.I hope it is a great meeting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Make it grippy....

Doyle and Emil ride anything well so won't be bothered and King will also like it...

And the racing hopefully will be better for it...

The Aces were poor last Monday but both sets of riders were well strung out in virtually every race regardless of finishing order...

Good luck to Ipswich....