• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

Spot on with that onion:lol:

Hopefully Ippo will beat twice tonight lol

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Hopefully Ippo will beat twice tonight lol

Nasty :cry:

If the stox was on every week the crowd would be like a speedway one. 

also they have 100+ participants. Each bringing about 10 family members and friends. So straight away that’s 1000 people. 

I wouldn’t say it’s more popular imo. About the same. 

good luck tonight Ipswich 

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Mmmm,,, I've decided to bite the bullet and go tonight,,, can I get to see a win this season,,,, 

I hope you’re bringing your bottle of good jus jus and not the bad luck bottle haha

It’s Interesting that stock cars gets good crowds at Foxhall and The Norfolk Arena, perhaps the stock car racing is good,

I wish I could say that about the speedway at both venues but let’s be honest its generally pretty poor and has been for decades.

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s Interesting that stock cars gets good crowds at Foxhall and The Norfolk Arena, perhaps the stock car racing is good,

I wish I could say that about the speedway at both venues but let’s be honest its generally pretty poor and has been for decades.

I think I'm right in saying the Foxhall tarmac is the biggest and fastest in the country,,, and more speed equals more danger and bigger crashes. 

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Any ideas on what Lawson will score tonight?

5 or 6 ...same as Harris unlikely to trouble the main guys in 13 and 15 ..amazed Harris never got a wildcard into the GPS.quite clearly the selection panel can't have read this topic 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

At Arena during the 80s and 90s the car racing was every Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday from late March to early November with around 120 Bangers at every meeting plus Stock Cars and Hot Rods. For many years I was at every meeting for both the bikes and the cars. The crowds used to be slightly larger for the cars most of the time but around eight big meetings would get a crowd for the cars over three times the normal size. It all went downhill after Chick Woodroffe died.

ah it must have been one of those i went to - it was and I remember thinking why! to me this stuff is dull!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Mmmm,,, I've decided to bite the bullet and go tonight,,, can I get to see a win this season,,,, 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! don't do it.

Edited by Bash
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, orion said:

5 or 6 ...same as Harris unlikely to trouble the man guys in 13 and 15 ..amazed Harris never got a wildcard into the GPS.quite clearly the selection panel can't have read this topic 

Personally would think less than Harris would have got but unlike Harris Lawson is a gater so that will help against normal riders but probably wont help against Ipswich heat leaders. I also think Harris was unlucky not to get a ride in the SWC.

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Couldn't disagree more, I think their burgers and chips are delicious!  Have you ever had anything from King's Lynn, Peterborough or Belle Vue? :D

Proper scraping the bottom of the barrel economy muck those burgers! Every year somebody somewhere convinces me they’ve “improved” and I’m daft enough to believe them and give them another go. The reality hits after the first bite and first chew of bone and gristle and in the bin it goes. Proper rank! The hot dogs aren’t any better, stale baguettes and a sausage with an armoured coating that’ll get you an appointment at the dentist on the Friday. 

You fill ya boots though :P

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Haha 3