British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Is there any chance of a commentator who actually knows which riders are in the race

• Like 1

watching hume is like watching a small child about to fall off a pushbike

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can someone silence Ollie Allen. Whatever the rights and wrongs some biased little rubbishe like him needs to be put out to grass. The end of season competition is a joke and Eurosport having dragged it to its nadir and then giving air time to Allen sums up why the sport is where it is. If it were a decent broadcaster they would have pulled Allen off air for his comments thus far but this is speedway and something that is on the periphery of what might be called entertainment. Done with this now. Back to watching Bake Off, more excitement.

• Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If that was an unsatisfactory start then why didn't the red lights come on straight away?

Emil was out of control going into turn 1, I reckon if he'd cleared the track the race would have continued, always baffles me when refs don't put the red's on straight away, then call all four.

• Like 2

Have never seen so many pointless interviews. Abi would be better off helping Tatum get the riders names right.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Emil was out of control going into turn 1, I reckon if he'd cleared the track the race would have continued, always baffles me when refs don't put the red's on straight away, then call all four.

did he have the benefit of tv replays and saw lambert cut emil up?

Terrible rough track. Hume all four back a joke. Track causing riders to be all over the place. Lawson who is a seasoned rider struggling to turn a bike. Embarrassing for a final. Might see heat 15 by 10.30pm

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Fancy asking the team manager of the side that’s already had two decisions go their way if all 4 riders back is the right decision haha.

Disagree on the first one. Emil got sandwiched and knocked from the right and the left. Yes he could easily have stayed on but his race was over. Definitely a case of first bend bunching for me but the lights should have come on straight away. 

Second one, Hume made a mistake and was the cause of the stoppage, so he should have gone. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

4 heats and the ref has bottled 2 decisions.

'Homer' Simpson??? 

4 hours ago, orion said:

..amazed Harris never got a wildcard into the GPS.quite clearly the selection panel can't have read this topic 

Probably not eligible.

He must have guested for Russia in the past :D

• Haha 1