British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Cry more Robert Lambert.

If he hates our tracks so much then why doesn't he sod off to Poland permanently instead of using our league as a cash cow once his Polish fixtures finish.

Take the other baby (Holder) with him.

"Signed for a big club"..

"You should have signed for a big club"...

"Signed for a big club"...

"You should have signed for a big club"...

:D

• Like 1

Maybe Lambert expected too much of a showcase speedway final and was narked at poor refereeing and an absolute dogturd of a track. The exact reason he probably has no interest in doing a full season here and quite frankly, I don't blame him. As a neutral I agree with what he said and applaud his honesty, but British Speedway will never listen to riders and wonder why it's going down the pan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yep, I can't stand him or anyone else who uses our league as a cash cow.

That's why I've got so much respect for Jason Doyle because he's always been loyal to our league.

Box office too...

Interesting to see how the two truly world class riders on show tonight could handle the track...

Men and Boys springs to mind...

• Like 5

Just now, mikebv said:

Box office too...

Interesting to see how the two truly world class riders on show tonight could handle the track...

Men and Boys springs to mind...

Are you suggesting the bloke who has finished in the top six of the GP's the last two years isn't 'truly world class'?

In any case two out of fourteen riders being able to handle the track isn't good enough. That was an awful speedway meeting, and we get far too many of those in this country.

• Like 2

Bewley is r best hope of the next British world champion lambert goes missing when things get hard showed that tonight and that comment about that’s the problem with British speedway we’ll do everyone a favour and bugger off instead of rinsing the money out of hard working people to fill up his bank account at the end of the season

I wonder if any of the keyboard warriors on here were actually trackside? Nothing wrong with it at all, just need Skill to ride it fast. Hume falls on the track all the time as he doesn't get off the seat, very similar to how Jake Allen used to ride it. Others showed how it could be done, one of Doyle's best meetings for the Witches, him and Emil a class above, riding together for those 2 5-1s. Messrs LorM and Gollob would loved that tonight. The 2k crowd left the track in great spirits. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

I've always supported Lambert in the past, but tonight be confirmed what a jumped up little twonk he is. "The track was a joke" "I've already had a word with the referee about Thursday." I'm pigged off with these end of season mercenaries turning up for a big end of season pay day, who probably end up with a league winners medal, but don't give a chuff about British speedway. If you can't be arsed to commit to a full season riding over here, don't bother to turn up for a couldn't give a sh*t which team I ride for, for the last two weeks of the season, big bonus. 

• Like 4

Not many Tigers fans on here tonight...

If they win by 20 on Thursday I bet there will be..:D

• Haha 1

Is it right the track was similar tonight to a couple of weeks ago when Sheffield was last at Foxhall? Why did Sheffield expect anything different tonight? It clearly worked for Ipswich that night and also against Belle Vue so they aren’t going to radically change it.

• Like 2

Just now, Liontamer said:

I've always supported Lambert in the past, but tonight be confirmed what a jumped up little twonk he is. "The track was a joke" "I've already had a word with the referee about Thursday." I'm pigged off with these end of season mercenaries turning up for a big end of season pay day, who probably end up with a league winners medal, but don't give a chuff about British speedway. If you can't be arsed to commit to a full season riding over here, don't bother to turn up for a couldn't give a sh*t which team I ride for, for the last two weeks of the season, big bonus. 

I Thought Lambert joined Kings Lynn. the only think you pick up there is a wooden spoon 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I wonder if any of the keyboard warriors on here were actually trackside? Nothing wrong with it at all, just need Skill to ride it fast. Hume falls on the track all the time as he doesn't get off the seat, very similar to how Jake Allen used to ride it. Others showed how it could be done, one of Doyle's best meetings for the Witches, him and Emil a class above, riding together for those 2 5-1s. The 2k crowd left the track in great spirits. 

I get winning in a final is great...

And Doyle and Emil, and Pickering to be fair, showed the track could be attacked.. 

But, honestly, the racing was crap...

A whole straight between riders ..

And I was there to watch the same last week...

I am happy Ippo won, but it was rubbish to watch as a Speedway fan..

Steady's face did make up for a lot of that though...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you suggesting the bloke who has finished in the top six of the GP's the last two years isn't 'truly world class'?

In any case two out of fourteen riders being able to handle the track isn't good enough. That was an awful speedway meeting, and we get far too many of those in this country.

Only two handled the track? Are you sure about that??

Heard from the track that Doyle has gone to hospital and is a doubt for Thursday apparently…. This could make things interesting 

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Heard from the track that Doyle has gone to hospital and is a doubt for Thursday apparently…. This could make things interesting 

Must of eaten one of Robert’s sour grapes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I am suggesting that they are of a higher level..

One is probably the second best rider in the world, and the other has been on the top step, and is consistently, wherever he rides one of the best riders on view..

Robert is a bit like Dan, genuinely talented to a top ten level, but found wanting in those "tough moments" that seperate the true best from the next best..