British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

52 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

That’s odd as his average for tomorrow is 8.69

The Guest rides under the average of the rider he is replacing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Ah! As Toyah Wilcox once sang - It’s a mythery oh it’s a mythery 

It's for the odd occasions when a team also uses R/R, i.e. so the guest can only take an R/R ride if the original rider's average is eligible.

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The Guest rides under the average of the rider he is replacing.

Everyone knows lamberts  average is way higher than his 4 year old one used to get him into the side

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Just seen the Robert Lambert interview after last nights meeting, what a petulant spoilt brat he comes across as.

Robert Lambert is usually boringly bland. That was much, much better. 

However, has he forgotten why he was there? To replace riders injured whilst riding in Poland. Who have merely added to the terrible toll of riders this season seriously hurt not on British tracks but in his beloved Poland.

Edited by Hamish McRaker
Factual

At least we know now for certain Lambert wont be riding in this country next season, he doesnt deserve a gold medal this season and he did not deserve one last season. As for saying the Ipswich riders were brainless and didnt mind ending up on the kart track, that says more about him than it does the Ipswich riders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I’ve just watched the match back on Discovery having been at Foxhall last night. 

what’s all the fuss about the ref? The rules state an unsatisfactory start including first  bend bunching than it’s all 4 back. 

I think not so ruthless is getting confused with GP regulations as they differ to that of the uk. Not sure about the regs in Poland.

I’ve just had to watch his interview again, so he slagged of a track where he’d set the 5th fastest time of the season, appeared to smear some of his fellow riders while also appearing to try & influence the referee…..top bloke! 
when you thought it couldn’t get any worse he also appears to have pissed off his clubs major backer. I’d love a team player like him in my team!!! 

The only thing that could have made it any better was to have interviewed Holder!

But that is the problem it’s not his club so he doesn’t give a $hit about pi$$ing off the clubs major backer and he will probably only be back for the playoffs next season.

Edited by Bash

12 hours ago, Bash said:

But that is the problem it’s not his club so he doesn’t give a $hit about pi$$ing off the clubs major backer and he will probably only be back for the playoffs next season.

Just  don't get peoples logic .. Lambert joined Kings Lynn the bottom team .. who were never going to be in the play offs  . Not sure why his comments would upset the sponsor . None of them are about his club .

Guy Nichols sponsors both Ipswich & Sheffield, what don’t you get about that

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bash said:

Guy Nichols sponsors both Ipswich & Sheffield, what don’t you get about that

And Lambert joined the bottom team  . what  don't  you get about that 

This has nothing to do about King’s Lynn, which was never mentioned, but only by you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Why have you just ignored what he’s just put and instead carried on with your narrative? Orion READ what people actually write ffs. Everyone knows he joined Kings Lynn they’re not stupid but Kings Lynn are irrelevant here. The point is he made those comments whilst wearing a Guy Nicholls sponsored race jacket. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why have you just ignored what he’s just put and instead carried on with your narrative? Orion READ what people actually write ffs. Everyone knows he joined Kings Lynn they’re not stupid but Kings Lynn are irrelevant here. The point is he made those comments whilst wearing a Guy Nicholls sponsored race jacket. 

When people apply that he only  comes back to ride in the plays off  its not irrelevant if  he joins the bottom side . so quite clearly it has to be explained . Maybe try to take own advice . 

As i said Before Guy Nicholls logic makes no sense ,. Lambert cant say what he thinks of the track and the ref  1 Because  Lambert only rides a few meetings a season 2 . The track  was the same for everyone . 3 he puts money into the sport . 

Edited by orion

Lambert does not give a flying £u9K about Kings Lynn or any other team in the UK, what he does care about is how much money he can squeeze out of them, period.

arrogant, self centred and full of his own self importance, do not understand any UK team paying for the dross he has served up since his return to UK.

4 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Lambert does not give a flying £u9K about Kings Lynn or any other team in the UK, what he does care about is how much money he can squeeze out of them, period.

arrogant, self centred and full of his own self importance, do not understand any UK team paying for the dross he has served up since his return to UK.

He’s always had this stigma surround him from an early age. Accusations of arrogance and a poor personality. This latest outburst has done him no favours to dispel those thoughts. 

5 hours ago, orion said:
5 hours ago, orion said:

I thought when I said his team it would be clear I meant Sheffield as the interview was after a Sheffield match in which he was riding for Sheffield. I thought it would be easy to understand what I meant by his team.

just to make it 100% clear I wasn’t referring to kings Lynn but to the team Lambert was representing Sheffield.

Peeing off the clubs major sponsor I was referring to Guy Nicholls tweet or X post which ever you prefer, where Mr Nicholls made it clear he wasn’t happy with Lamberts interview. Nicholls sponsors both Ipswich & Sheffield & Lambert made the comments while wearing a Nicholls sponsored Sheffield race jacket.

Hopefully that’s cleared up any confusion that I might be referring to Kings Lynn regarding an interview after a Ipswich Sheffield meeting.

• Like 1