British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

20 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Everyone knows lamberts  average is way higher than his 4 year old one used to get him into the side

Lambert's average from 6 matches with KL is 9.60, but only two home matches so not enough to achieve a new Green Sheet (according to the Regulations), which is why he is shown as having an assessed average.

Because the BSPL decided Lambert's 2019 average is an Established MA, I wondered why his scores this season haven't been added to his old figures to make a new Rolling Average.  It turns out that the Regs say a Rolling Average is calculated on eligible matches from the last two seasons, so it begs another question:

If Established MAs can only be based on eligible scores from the last two seasons, how did the BSPL decide that Lambert's 2019 average was an Established MA?

They really do make it up as they go along, and definitely when it suits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

<snip>
2 . The track was the same for everyone

It's worth pointing out to people using this "reason/logic/argument":  A speedway track is the same for everyone at every single speedway meeting ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I thought when I said his team it would be clear I meant Sheffield as the interview was after a Sheffield match in which he was riding for Sheffield. I thought it would be easy to understand what I meant by his team.

just to make it 100% clear I wasn’t referring to kings Lynn but to the team Lambert was representing Sheffield.

Peeing off the clubs major sponsor I was referring to Guy Nicholls tweet or X post which ever you prefer, where Mr Nicholls made it clear he wasn’t happy with Lamberts interview. Nicholls sponsors both Ipswich & Sheffield & Lambert made the comments while wearing a Nicholls sponsored Sheffield race jacket.

Hopefully that’s cleared up any confusion that I might be referring to Kings Lynn regarding an interview after a Ipswich Sheffield meeting.

He’s your classical WUM. Be known on this forum for years. Ignore him. 

Cannot really argue about Robert Lambert coming in to replace riders , last year and this when the whole League is run with guests all season.

23 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It's worth pointing out to people using this "reason/logic/argument":  A speedway track is the same for everyone at every single speedway meeting ...

just the same with the fraise anything can happen in speedway. :rofl:

Going back to the match really like Danyon Hume as a person and as a rider.Was so frustrated  for him he made loads of mistakes cost him money  he gave everything was unlucky .Hopefully next year on a low average he will do a good job for somebody. and improve what i like about Danyon is he can gate and he can mix it as well and race to.He could be a slow burner but he has real qualities can race can gate and be brilliant in front of a camera.

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Going back to the match really like Danyon Hume as a person and as a rider.Was so frustrated  for him he made loads of mistakes cost him money  he gave everything was unlucky .Hopefully next year on a low average he will do a good job for somebody. and improve what i like about Danyon is he can gate and he can mix it as well and race to.He could be a slow burner but he has real qualities can race can gate and be brilliant in front of a camera.

At 27, he's definitely a slow burner.  Just looks so awkward at Foxhall, and struggles to put together four consistent laps - thankfully he managed it once, against the hopeless Holder.

20 hours ago, foreverblue said:

At least we know now for certain Lambert wont be riding in this country next season, he doesnt deserve a gold medal this season and he did not deserve one last season. As for saying the Ipswich riders were brainless and didnt mind ending up on the kart track, that says more about him than it does the Ipswich riders.

Lets hope hes made the Ipswich team talk for Hawkins that comment should fire them up.

3 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

At 27, he's definitely a slow burner.  Just looks so awkward at Foxhall, and struggles to put together four consistent laps - thankfully he managed it once, against the hopeless Holder.

I do think Roger the track has looked inconsistent in recent weeks.And generally at Foxhall he will Danyon always score points and shock more established apponents.For me Hume,Rew,  are two who can improve.

2 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Lambert does not give a flying £u9K about Kings Lynn or any other team in the UK, what he does care about is how much money he can squeeze out of them, period.

arrogant, self centred and full of his own self importance, do not understand any UK team paying for the dross he has served up since his return to UK.

You are entitled to dislike him but why do people come out with this kind of garbage? He's been fantastic for us since replacing Laguta including one of the most memorable heat 15's foe many a year at Lynn. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do think Roger the track has looked inconsistent in recent weeks.And generally at Foxhall he will Danyon always score points and shock more established opponents. For me Hume,Rew,  are two who can improve.

No improvement from Hume this season, after ending 2022 on 4.09 - and he was rubbish in Heat 4 just now, could have moved Etheridge over on Bend 2, but just poodled around.

12 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

No improvement from Hume this season, after ending 2022 on 4.09 - and he was rubbish in Heat 4 just now, could have moved Etheridge over on Bend 2, but just poodled around.

Roger you know nothing., Etheridge was it Laurie Etheridge  you were on about?…….. get real.This year was in a top five  Danyon when Rew should have coped all year he was  inconsistent and frustrating but won the witches a few matches with vital points and vital points at crucial times.Dunno what planet you are on not easily pleased me thinks.

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Roger you know nothing., Etheridge was it Laurie Etheridge  you were on about?…….. get real.This year was in a top five  Danyon when Rew should have coped all year he was  inconsistent and frustrating but won the witches a few matches with vital points and vital points at crucial times.Dunno what planet you are on not easily pleased me thinks.

Not sure who you're watching?  Hume was inside Jye Etheridge on Bend 2 and should have tried to move him over.

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Not sure who you're watching?  Hume was inside Jye Etheridge on Bend 2 and should have tried to move him over.

It is so easy Roger maybe you could make a career out of it.

49 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is so easy Roger maybe you could make a career out of it.

Oh, that tired old argument - Yawn.

It's what other riders do ... it's part of speedway.  At least he can look back at the first leg and the points he threw away ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs