British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

KOC SF: Scunny v Redcar 29.09

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Hope Jake has got his blown engines rebuilt and back in his bikes.

For the Bears let’s hope Connor Bailey has his bikes back after his issues on Wednesday. He was one of the few bright spots the last time Bears were at Scunthorpe.

After seeing our line up I don’t think I will waste money on the stream for the fist time this season, never mind UTB

9 hours ago, Bears4 said:

Racing at Edinburgh for Poole

Completely forgot Poole were racing today, guess I'm not used to clubs reaching the play-off final & then racing another qualifying match lol!

About what I expected but a very entertaining meeting again at Scunthorpe.

Bears started well and kept it close for a while but the Scorpions pulled away. Most of the Bears battled well, including Flint.

Some cracking racing from both teams. 

Unless Bears get a decent guest for the second leg the Scorpions should be favourites for that meeting too and should progress to the final easily.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3

What was going on with the 5 1/2 lap race, I ve seen a 5 lap race before but never 5 1/2. 

Why is Rob off the mic?

9 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

About what I expected but a very entertaining meeting again at Scunthorpe.

Bears started well and kept it close for a while but the Scorpions pulled away. Most of the Bears battled well, including Flint.

Some cracking racing from both teams. 

Unless Bears get a decent guest for the second leg the Scorpions should be favourites for that meeting too and should progress to the final easily.

The score looks a bit unfair actually, Redcar were better value than the score shows

9 hours ago, eric i said:

What was going on with the 5 1/2 lap race, I ve seen a 5 lap race before but never 5 1/2. 

Why is Rob off the mic?

Simons usual celebration is to keep going on a 5th lap and so Connor Bailey just kept going. As for Rob off the mic. This started in play off meeting at home to Poole because Rob was team manager however last night Dave peet was back so I’m not sure. Personally I think the guy is pretty slick and if I’m not mistaken it seems like the guy was stand in team manager last year ?? Maybe someone can confirm 

Great win for Scunny, super six lap Simon was pure entertainment as always! Scorpions have stung and will sting again at redcar…

• Like 1

They got carried away, poss 'red mist came down' a tad & both exchanged notes post race, but either way a good close competitive race, some very good racing last nite, enjoyed it....

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Simons usual celebration is to keep going on a 5th lap and so Connor Bailey just kept going. As for Rob off the mic. This started in play off meeting at home to Poole because Rob was team manager however last night Dave peet was back so I’m not sure. Personally I think the guy is pretty slick and if I’m not mistaken it seems like the guy was stand in team manager last year ?? Maybe someone can confirm 

Not sure but i think Rob was feeling unwell,, Kevin Moore is a family friend and sponsor of Simon and is also the announcer at Kings Lynn.... BTW Si and Connors heat is on Scunnys facebook page along with ht 8

Quite like the new presenter myself. Could still do with Rob's insider info and quips, but sometimes Rob needs to concentrate on the track conditions and how they evolve. A good solid team effort with everyone scoring useful points. Last night's Nathan Ablitt would definitely have scored more against Poole than he did on his previous 8 heats. All in all a good entertaining meeting, just hope we don't throw a good lead away like we usually do at Redcar.