British Speedway Forum

Biggest hypocrisy is that western companies still do business with the Russia.....

My prediction:   Bewley, Woffinden, Fricke, Thomsen ,Janowski

10 hours ago, CB252 said:

You can find a reason to invalidate most speedway world titles of you look hard enough.

Emil removed himself from the series for some of his prime years, invalidating what? A Woffinden title? One of Hancock's?

Woffinden was also the primary beneficiary of Ward's indiscretions and ultimate injury arguably. And Doyle.

See what I did there?

Laguta and Sayfutdinov had their chance to beat Bartosz over a full Ekstraliga season and failed spectacularly once again this year, just as they did last year.

Imagine thinking that Rosberg is better than Hamilton because he just about beat him once in one out of 5 seasons. It's the epitomy of stupidity.

7 medals in 8 years for Zmarzlik with or without the Russians.

Seriously, I get you all hate him, but you refute facts when making a weak argument and make yourselves look daft.

I don't dislike Zmarzlik at all but I do feel his titles are lessened and here is why....

What if Gundersen had not had Nielsen (or vice versa) because the other was banned for no good reason and won 6 world titles. Or Olsen/Mauger. For sure it would have lessened the victories.

Here two of the three best riders in the world have been excluded for no reason which is the first time in speedway history.

And why no good reason:

1. They both left Russia before the war and settled in Poland becoming citizens

2. There is no justification for letting them ride domestically but not internationally.

This is a classic case of PC overriding common sense. The lack of these two has made the GP a farce and boring and left Bartoz with no real decent opponent measured over 10 rounds.

I haven't watched and wont watch another GP until these two are restored to their rightful place.

Bartoz is a really brilliant rider but any decent opposition has simply been removed.

• Like 2

My shot as to who will get the jury's vote.......

Bewley, Doyle, Fricke, Woffy, Thomson.

of those not in my pick I can only see Dudek and Lebedev as of any worth. It was a tight choice between Fricke and Dudek, I picked Fricke because he scored more points even though both did a full 10 GPs.  Lebedevs has had a good number of meetings this year, but at his age is he going to get any better? I don't think so.  Woffy is one of those who can (still) beat Zmarzlik in an odd race or two. Thomson deserves a pick because he wasn't doing too bad when badly injured.          

I read some would rid of Doyle because he is dangerously too tough. Perhaps if he had received some sort of public warning they could leave him out, but as it is how can they just leave no 8 in the world out.

last night Kubera didn't impress me, 1 win, 2 thirds, 2 lasts not good enough.    One who did impress for the future was Luke Becker. He would have learned a lot last night, and he was in the mix more than Kubera was.

However, that would leave only one Pole in the 2024 GP series and I don't think that is going to happen. so...... I don't know all

Edited by OveFundinFan

The Grand Prix series is used to decide who the best rider in the world is.

For me that means Sayfutdinov and Laguta should be involved. 

If they are however it won’t matter. Zmarzlik is the best rider in the world by a long stretch. Probably the best to ever throw a leg over a Speedway bike. And with it, he’s a very likeable bloke too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

My shot as to who will get the jury's vote.......

Bewley, Doyle, Fricke, Woffy, Thomson.

of those not in my pick I can only see Dudek and Lebedev as of any worth. It was a tight choice between Fricke and Dudek, I picked Fricke because he scored more points even though both did a full 10 GPs.  Lebedevs has had a good number of meetings this year, but at his age is he going to get any better? I don't think so.  Woffy is one of those who can (still) beat Zmarzlik in an odd race or two. Thomson deserves a pick because he wasn't doing too bad when badly injured.          

I read some would rid of Doyle because he is dangerously too tough. Perhaps if he had received some sort of public warning they could leave him out, but as it is how can they just leave no 8 in the world out.

last night Kubera didn't impress me, 1 win, 2 thirds, 2 lasts not good enough.    One who did impress for the future was Luke Becker. He would have learned a lot last night, and he was in the mix more than Kubera was.

However, that would leave only one Pole in the 2024 GP series and I don't think that is going to happen. so...... I don't know all

Doyle qualified through the GP challenge, so there is no question about his involvement.

Also coming from the GP Challenge is a 2nd Pole, Szymon Wozniak.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Doyle qualified through the GP challenge, so there is no question about his involvement.

Also coming from the GP Challenge is a 2nd Pole, Szymon Wozniak.

Thanks, forgot about them.

Bewley 

Fricke

Dudek

Tai

Thomson

Probably same injury replacements as this year. 

5 minutes ago, therefused said:

No Fricke, Magic or Dudek apparently 

I didn’t expect Janowski to be honest.

Some new faces then?

Edited by WembleyLion

9 minutes ago, therefused said:

No Fricke, Magic or Dudek apparently 

That would surely add weight to Ledbedevs  (sp?) being in......

10 minutes ago, JC71 said:

That would surely add weight to Ledbedevs  (sp?) being in......

That could well be the case. I also wonder if strong representations have been made /are being made to try and get Becker in?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

That could well be the case. I also wonder if strong representations have been made /are being made to try and get Becker in?

I possibly wouldn't be against that.....

So, maybe,

Zmarzlik

Lindgren

Vaculik

Holder

Masden

Lambert

Kvech

Michaelsen (?sp)

Bewley

Ledbedevs

Becker

Doyle

Wozniak

(Ideal world)

Laguta

Sayfutdinov

If not the Russians (Poles), then 

Woffinden

A N Other (? Thomson)

Edited by JC71

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Shame about the Russians if left out.Woffy past it IMO.Bewley and Fricke for me

It doesn't matter that you feel Woffy is "past it"; he is still one of the best riders in the world, and deserves to be there.

• Like 2