British Speedway Forum

Roll on Speedway GP 2024. It'll be a long winter.

Hoping to do another 3 GPs next year.

If we could ,  we'd do them all. Nothing better than a GP weekend. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Not really. In this instance your talking about a conflict in a country that shares a direct border with Poland, which is the country that the SGP relies on, almost exclusively, to keep it afloat.

I would like to have seen the Iraq GP go ahead back in the day though.

what with all those weapons of mass destruction knocking about. :shock:

Does anyone actually know if Emil and Artem want to do the GP series? No one seems to have any factual evidence that they actually want to be included. 

At the end of the day, we're all speedway fans, just be grateful there is still a world recognised championship to watch. 

6 hours ago, CB252 said:

So Huckenbeck and Lebedevs I guess are everyone's main issue. Can't do much about Kvech as he qualified.

They want to try and cement the series in Germany and Latvia so they've given them a spot.

Hard to argue that Kubera isn't worthy of a shot instead of Magic or Dudek.

How did Kvech qualify?

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

From the challenge final- finished 5th

Finishing 5th, his ridiculous!!!!

Not a surprise, but not sure Woffinden deserved another wildcard.

It makes a mockery of the sporting contest where you can be selected because your face fits or because of being a world champion five years ago, rather than because you earned the right to be there based off form over the last 12 months.  

Wildcards should only ever be reserved for riders who were on target for qualification but injury prevented. 

• Like 1

:rolleyes:
“Woke” !?

”Never watching it again!”

Jeez, the drama queens are out in force on this one. Let’s see if they are not watching it next year and they back up their big words with action: 

Of course Laguta and Saifutdinov are among the best in the world. I get that. But the isolation of Russia from international sport (in many cases). I get that too. There are.bigger things than speedway. 

• Like 2

Without any shadow of a doubt, the WORST quality GP line up EVER! Sadly sums up the state of World speedway without the Russians, might as well give Bartosz the title NOW as he's the only one with real World class in it! Some of the wild cards picks are utterly embarrassing! 

• Like 1

One thing I will say, several years ago (?2013), Tai Woffendin was given a wildcard, probably due to nationality. Cue much mirth and derision (sponsored by Audi, 0000) etc......... and look how that turned out....... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JC71 said:

One thing I will say, several years ago (?2013), Tai Woffendin was given a wildcard, probably due to nationality. Cue much mirth and derision (sponsored by Audi, 0000) etc......... and look how that turned out....... 

I hope he does repeat history, but let’s be honest based on his recent form I don’t see him finishing top 6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

I hope he does repeat history, but let’s be honest based on his recent form I don’t see him finishing top 6. 

Ah it was more to do with a new rider coming in, and surprising everyone. I love Tai, he got me back into watching the GPs........ I'm not convinced he should be there next season (though I'm happy he is)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Tai was coming back on form, he was in the final at Vojens. I think he deserves to be in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Tai was coming back on form, he was in the final at Vojens. I think he deserves to be in.

I don’t think he will win it again. But as a three time champion, he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1