British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

For you all to chew over............Facebook

It's also on YouTube as episode 13 of BrummiesFans Podcast series "You Have 2 Minutes"

So Corbally Group had no plans to redevelop the stadium for 10 to 15 years but the council are pushing to get it done asap. 

Edited by eric i

You have to live in the West Midlands I guess to appreciate just how long, tedious and often impossible it would be for the majority of Wolves fans to get to Perry Barr on a mOnday night after work for 7.30pm.

I'd guess that the majority of the Wolves support would come from parts of the Black Country that would require a tortuous drive down The Black Country Route or the old Birmingham New Road to get to the Great Barr Area and meaning that the slightest issue on the M5/M6 interchange there would create enough traffic chaos to put them completely off.

I'd argu that if Brummies do want to pull in Wolves fans the best option would be on a weekend (which doesn't seem to tie in with PB being available).

Its one thing for an Away fan to have a day or afternoon off and try to get to PB, completely different to face that torture week after week.

I'd assess Wolves average is 2.5 - 3x that of Brummies so can't see how Brummies can be financually viable in the PL as a few have pointed out.

• Like 1

Just listened to that Birmingham speedway podcast with nigel tolley. Pretty much confirms that the only way Birmingham are running next year is by moving to the premiership. He even said he's spoken to Phil Morris and can make it financially work. He also said it excited him with sponsors and Birmingham being on the TV. 

Now that the podcast has been released, 

1. There is no tie in with wolves

2.monday nights only

3.premiership

4.mr Dickson has moved on

5. Stop moaning about it and trying to put everything down. Look to the positives and support the club and applaud Nigel Tolley for his efforts & cash. If the club runs premiership it's still running.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Birmingham Wolves I reckon.

Can imagine that would really grate on the Birmingham supporters, especially when inevitably the majority on this forum will just refer to them as “Wolves” when the meeting threads start. 

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Mondays and Thursdays are only 'priority' nights in the Prem, so just avoid team building with any double uppers.

That would be virtually impossible. It’s not just Birmingham is it, it’s every other club  too that would have to visit there on a Monday without half their team. Mondays and Thursdays are Premiership nights. No championship fixtures could, or will, be played out on those nights. 

Sounds promising for 2024!

What's in a name apart from 'ego'?

Premiership speedway.....possibly, Douglas/Becker/Masters/Z,Cook  lining up at PB every week? 

C'mon....'what's not to 'like' about that ?

I do feel for Nigel, he wants to get going, but all the uncertainties outside of his control dictate his progress every season.

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Sounds promising for 2024!

What's in a name apart from 'ego'?

Premiership speedway.....possibly, Douglas/Becker/Masters/Z,Cook  lining up at PB every week? 

C'mon....'what's not to 'like' about that ?

To a speedway fan, not a lot, to a Brummies fan everything.

• Like 1

Is pete adams in line to manage the side should they race in the prem next yr ?

46 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Is pete adams in line to manage the side should they race in the prem next yr ?

He didn't say anything about Peter Adams joining the brummie but to be honest that would be my pick. 

As a new club entering the premiership I hope they get first refusal on the Peterborough and Wolverhampton riders before the other vultures make their move 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deano said:

To a speedway fan, not a lot, to a Brummies fan everything.

I can understand that from a 'passion' point of view and if you took me back a few years, I'd have certainly agreed. 

I feel that I'm a 'Brummies' fan, so to speak, have been going since 1971, but the name isn't important to me....

6 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a new club entering the premiership I hope they get first refusal on the Peterborough and Wolverhampton riders before the other vultures make their move 

Would imagine that 'Bham' wont be the only club joining the Prem....if the structure/s stay the same?

P.s Harris/Jenkins would be welcome additions! :D

Edited by GiveusaB

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Nigel said he was extremely close to singing tarasenko. So I imagine he will be there next season. 

• Thanks 1