British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Nigel said he was extremely close to singing tarasenko. So I imagine he will be there next season. 

Not sure 'singing' his name, will help with the results ? :D sorry...I couldn't resist!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Would imagine that 'Bham' wont be the only club joining the Prem....if the structure/s stay the same?

P.s Harris/Jenkins would be welcome additions! :D

Who else are you thinking of? 

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure 'singing' his name, will help with the results ? :D sorry...I couldn't resist!

Singing his praises already!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Who else are you thinking of? 

Nobody in particular...was just looking at it from a meagre 6 Team League, which doesn't sound too thrilling...having said that...I think we'd get better entertainment than what's been served up in the Championship this season (from a B'ham perspective....)?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Nobody in particular...was just looking at it from a meagre 6 Team League, which doesn't sound too thrilling...having said that...I think we'd get better entertainment than what's been served up in the Championship this season (from a B'ham perspective....)?

That would depend upon Nigel actually producing the quality team that he had been promising for the last two years as opposed the two garbage teams we’ve had foisted upon us !! 
talk is cheap but when it comes to walking the walk, we’ll that hasn’t happened  yet. All well snd good spouting off about all the quality riders contacting the club begging to ride for us ( look at this time last year!!!), then we get none of those intimated snd end up with the garbage team we had this year 

with them saying Dickson won’t be involved, let’s prey that Laurence  Rogers has absolutely nothing to do with the team building or we are screwed before we start. Sort the new manager first then let him sort the team 

i won’t hold my breath 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

That would depend upon Nigel actually producing the quality team that he had been promising for the last two years as opposed the two garbage teams we’ve had foisted upon us !! 
talk is cheap but when it comes to walking the walk, we’ll that hasn’t happened  yet. All well snd good spouting off about all the quality riders contacting the club begging to ride for us ( look at this time last year!!!), then we get none of those intimated snd end up with the garbage team we had this year 

with them saying Dickson won’t be involved, let’s prey that Laurence  Rogers has absolutely nothing to do with the team building or we are screwed before we start. Sort the new manager first then let him dirt the team 

i won’t hold my breath 

The biggest benefit will be riders screaming out for a Premiership club. The problem Birmingham had this year is that although they were willing to put together a good team they had to compete with 8 other clubs for the signatures.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

The biggest benefit will be riders screaming out for a Premiership club. The problem Birmingham had this year is that although they were willing to put together a good team they had to compete with 8 other clubs for the signatures.

Let’s hope so as Nigel is willing to spend the money. 
the biggest problem last year was letting Laurence rogers have a say in team building ,he’s clueless on that front  . 
just don’t let Laurence Rogers have any involvement in team building. and we may have a chance . 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

What's in a name apart from 'ego'?

And if it were to happen, I take it you'd change your profile name to "GiveusaW" ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

As a new club entering the premiership I hope they get first refusal on the Peterborough and Wolverhampton riders before the other vultures make their move 

OR, how about starting where we left off last time by signing a rider who's not appeared in the Premiership since his last appearance for the Brummies - Bartosz Zmarzlik?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Let’s hope so as Nigel is willing to spend the money. 
the biggest problem last year was letting Laurence rogers have a say in team building ,he’s clueless on that front  . 
just don’t let Laurence Rogers have any involvement in team building. and we may have a chance . 

Totally agree with that!

I think Nigel realises that too!

See below

Edited by arnieg

44 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

OR, how about starting where we left off last time by signing a rider who's not appeared in the Premiership since his last appearance for the Brummies - Bartosz Zmarzlik?

Go on .. do it ...

...I just want to see who's head explodes first at the suggestion he retain  his 6.50 average

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That podcast did make me realise how bad their team building is though. Yes they are on a smaller budget but they were still banging on about how they thought that team could challenge for the play offs. They need to hire someone like Peter Adams to build a reliable team. 

They need riders that people want to see at the club. I'd be on the phone now to bomber and make him captain. May as well take tarasenko along with him. I think Birmingham will play it safe but also have a reliable side next year. 

Here's a one that took 2 mins to think of

Masters, Pickering, Harris, Tarasenko, Z Cook, Sedgmen, RS. Not a title winning team but at least at home it would be strong. 

3 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Nigel said he was extremely close to singingTarasenko. So I imagine he will be there next season. 

Unless the Sweaties get the cheque book out again!