British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

An effort marginally better than Holder last night :P

You need to be working on one for if we cock it up tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

You need to be working on one for if we cock it up tomorrow!

I'm sure I could manage it. It might be worth some prep in all honesty :)

• Like 1

They've got clueless Simon Stead

He's like Xisco Munoz in disguise

Filling Tigers vests

With endless ringer guests

But Withches gonna win the f@@king league

• Haha 1

As with the semi final at Sheffield, bad weather is a distinct possibility will they call it off early and reschedule or hang on til  the last minute. 
my worry is that they go ahead, and if more rain falls and get it called off after ten heats,

To get a result would they then go to the score at foxhall after ten heats and compare them and use that as a final aggregate score based on that ?

34 - 26 in favour of the witches after heat ten,  only an 8 point lead 

• Haha 1

Sheffield's team ruined by injuries is a shame to see. A fully fit side, you would of expected them to win this over two legs.

Think Danny King has been a big key to Ippos success late on, Doyle and Emil have been racking up points for fun all season where as King wasn't . He has been flying for them lately.

Still, a shame to see injuries ruin any chance of a competitive final.

The likes of Lambert mouthing off on camera do nothing good for the sport to any newcomer who may of tuned in to watch the final. Fancy turning your back on your home league for the majority of the season then coming back for a few quid at the end of the season and slagging the tracks on live TV. Kn0bend.

9 minutes ago, Basher said:

As with the semi final at Sheffield, bad weather is a distinct possibility will they call it off early and reschedule or hang on til  the last minute. 
my worry is that they go ahead, and if more rain falls and get it called off after ten heats,

To get a result would they then go to the score at foxhall after ten heats and compare them and use that as a final aggregate score based on that ?

No they won't do that, the score at Foxhall cannot be adjusted down to 10 heats. If it is a bad forecast postpone it . If it goes ahead and it rains dont let it go to heat 10.

8 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Sheffield's team ruined by injuries is a shame to see. A fully fit side, you would of expected them to win this over two legs.

Think Danny King has been a big key to Ippos success late on, Doyle and Emil have been racking up points for fun all season where as King wasn't . He has been flying for them lately.

Still, a shame to see injuries ruin any chance of a competitive final.

The likes of Lambert mouthing off on camera do nothing good for the sport to any newcomer who may of tuned in to watch the final. Fancy turning your back on your home league for the majority of the season then coming back for a few quid at the end of the season and slagging the tracks on live TV. Kn0bend.

I still think Sheffield have a good chance. I very much doubt Tai or Tobi would have beaten Ipswich top two at Foxhall ,  Chris Holder was an embarrassment, probably get double figures tonight.King has been brilliant lately but may struggle tonight, it will depend on the lower order riders , Emil and Doyle wont go unbeaten tonight. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We've got super Ritchie Hawkins

He knows exactly what we need 

Doyley out in front

Of Lambert the whinging c@#t

Witches gonna win the f@@king league

Nah mate, they didn't. They were fourth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Tai and Toby I would be confident we could pull it back.. without them no. Think 50-40 final score 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Basher said:

Keep clutching at those straws!!

I think this is already over. No way Ipswich should give up such a big lead with Doyle, Emil and King. But let’s hope for a last heat showdown.

12 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Nah mate, they didn't. They were fourth.

In Ipswich we are getting used to being the best sporting team in a division without needing to worry about topping those silly league ladder thingies ;):D

• Haha 1

Ipswich's top 3 should comfortably get 30 between them you would hope... That leaves 7 points from the remaining 4 riders to bring it home... barring double falls/exclusions, they are guaranteed a point in heats 2, 8 and 14, which then leaves 4 to find... Please don't blow it!

• Like 1