British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Triple.H.

Playoff Final

I was at the meeting and I'd say the track was tricky for the first 4 races and gradually got better after that. After Max Perry had his unfortunate accident, the forecast rain started to arrive. Once that rain got heavier there wasn't much chance IMO of the meeting being completed. 

Fairplay to all 14 riders for their efforts on the night.

Good Luck to Max I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Yourself, and ArnieG among posters to this thread seem to have been at the match. For non-attenders it would be easy to presume the terrible accident was caused primarily by track conditions and have to confess it was my initial reaction but after 24 hours started to question that presumption. I guess that nothing can be proven for certain and possibly only Max would really know but even then his recollection could understandably be vague. 

But going by the Proboards information it looked like Max had had mechanical problems during his previous races and I wonder if there is any connection?

I was there and unfortunately had a birdseye clear and unobstructed view of Max’s accident and whilst there were elbows at the start, the way his bike took off/launched itself looked more like a throttle issue. 

No disrespect meant to Max by this comment but he hasn’t had the best of results at Oxford this year but he’s still learning. More importantly he was literally just a passenger when the bike took off and I don’t think even the GP boys would have been able to do anything either get off or stop the inevitable outcome, it was that quick. 

21 hours ago, Debbi said:

I was there and unfortunately had a birdseye clear and unobstructed view of Max’s accident and whilst there were elbows at the start, the way his bike took off/launched itself looked more like a throttle issue. 

No disrespect meant to Max by this comment but he hasn’t had the best of results at Oxford this year but he’s still learning. More importantly he was literally just a passenger when the bike took off and I don’t think even the GP boys would have been able to do anything either get off or stop the inevitable outcome, it was that quick. 

We've seen that happen this year with the top riders, off the top of my head Tai Woffinden & Charles Wright went hurtling into the fence unable to get their "rocket ships" back under control. Many years ago riders were better at "saving it" but the super fast bikes & slick tracks these days don't help avoid it.

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Spot on IainB. This was a scary accident and the reports from hospital were very concerning. Max is a real stylist and is making good progress in his career. He is one to watch for the future and the hope is that he recovers fully and can put this behind him.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:26 PM, Debbi said:

No disrespect meant to Max by this comment but he hasn’t had the best of results at Oxford this year but he’s still learning. 

Possibly his best result all season was beating Pickering and Howarth in the Pairs ....  at Oxford

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Possibly his best result all season was beating Pickering and Howarth in the Pairs ....  at Oxford

Which wasn't down to being lucky. He rode a great first two bends and then nice and steady to take the win.

• Like 1

I see Leicester are not honouring re-admission tickets (understandable given change of ownership and time of year), but instead accepting claims for refunds.

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.32392.1

This is the only info I can find (so it may have been missed by travelling fans) and it does not explicitly state that tickets can not be reused (as per the conditions of re-entry - you know the ones that explicitly state there will be no cash refunds that Leicester were relying on two weeks earlier)

Deadline for refunds is TOMORROW

• Sad 1

Refund arrived in my bank account yesterday

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1