British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Any teams having 3 riders with averages above 7.5 will have to have at least one 2pt reserve imo because they will only have 15.5 at the most for the remaining 4 riders. This will greatly impact how teams are built for 2024 i reckon 

Yeah but Worrall’s banned and Howarths went to Scunny, that only leaves Barker

4 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yeah but Worrall’s banned and Howarths went to Scunny, that only leaves Barker

Yes I know, never mentioned any riders. :blink:

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Yes I know, never mentioned any riders. :blink:

Don't worry you'll have the likes of Sedgy and Batch looking for a place!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't worry you'll have the likes of Sedgy and Batch looking for a place!

Did I say I was worried, I think we will have a team that will not include either of the 2 riders you've mentioned. 

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Did I say I was worried, I think we will have a team that will not include either of the 2 riders you've mentioned. 

Thats ok then. I was just suggesting a couple of 7+ point riders that Garry might go for.....

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thats ok then. I was just suggesting a couple of 7+ point riders that Garry might go for.....

You obviously don't know Gary very well, even though you try to give the impression you do. Stick to being Danny's lapdog.

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Agreed awful side, I want howarth back.but that doesn’t look like happening  Christ we will be having worrall  back at this rate only joking I hope, until we see the team let’s not be to critical.

Some harsh reality. 

Some teams fans will have to learn to accept some speedway is more important than winning speedway. 

The recent, mid and long term past is littered with clubs who have tried to buy success without the funds to bankroll it and failed. 

Good intentions no doubt, greedy riders possibly, not enough supporters prepared to turn up definitely. 

Supporters always blame owners and Promoters and expect winning teams. 

Normally and with only a few exceptions there is a correlation between supporter base and success or strict spending limits and realism.

Poole have massive support in terms of people turning up. 

Glasgow have massive financial backing 

Scunthorpe have a great pragmatist who refuses to buy what he cqnt afford. 

Mark Phillips works incredibly hard, shoulders massive stress, spends more than he probably can. 

But. 

You can't make a silk purse of a sows ear. Fans have to be realistic. 

Speedway is it more important to have it or to win? 

Or maybe a few hundred more at many Clubs like Brummies and Plymouth could get off their backsides turn off the streaming and support the teams in the flesh... 

I'm guilty if not supporting as much as I used to but this Autumn has struck home... My club Brummies may not have a track after this season.. So support it whenever possible I will. 

If plymouth can't build a competitive team. More people need to turn up. Then they at least have a fighting chance. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, lewy said:

You obviously don't know Gary very well, even though you try to give the impression you do. Stick to being Danny's lapdog.

I know Garry well enough to correctly spell his name!:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I know Garry well enough to correctly spell his name!:rolleyes:

Well done, you must be really pleased with yourself .

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Well done, you must be really pleased with yourself .

It's not about being pleased, it's just about knowing!

Just now, Skidder1 said:

It's not about being pleased, it's just about knowing!

Well done you,you are really clever you know the way Mr May spells his Christian name. I dear say I probably know the correct spelling if I was bothered and if it makes you somehow think you're better than me I congratulate you but I'm on here to talk speedway not spelling mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Well done you,you are really clever you know the way Mr May spells his Christian name. I dear say I probably know the correct spelling if I was bothered and if it makes you somehow think you're better than me I congratulate you but I'm on here to talk speedway not spelling mistakes. 

That's why I suggested Batch and Sedgy as 7+ point options. Don't get so defensive.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That's why I suggested Batch and Sedgy as 7+ point options. Don't get so defensive.

Grow up,you know the rest...........

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't get the negativity behind them, they have 7+ averages for a reason, they must be better than 6.00 riders for example. As Sedgmen was better away than at home, he'd be a clever signing for any Champ side imo