British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marksman

Workington vs Kent NDL Sat 7th Oct 3pm

Any interest or chance of this one going ahead, or will the track already have taken too much water, the weather is awful here today.

I note Luke Crang is down at reserve for this one with his new average of 3.62, That's 2 riders who have managed to drop 4 points off their average this season! :o

Looking at the weather the last 2 days and forecast for Saturday,  I will be very surprised if the meeting goes ahead,  forecast for Sunday looks a lot better   could a late change of date be possible ?   As for the latest averages this is a major explanation of many defeats for the Comets,  also the injuries we've had, but time to go out with a bang and a high score for the last team meeting of the year, hope the comets have a league to run in next year ??

Met office forecast for tomorrow in Workington is dry with a brief shower at 11:00 am , I suppose it depends on what damage has been done in the past few days. 

Yeah there is loads of constant overnight rain forecast on the Met Office radar, so probably not looking good.

I know there is an open practice session on this Sunday, so doubt that would get moved with riders already booked in

Reds match looking in doubt too, they've posted about monitoring the overnight forecast. So probably tells how much rain it's put down

• Like 1

im about 10 miles away had a small shower about 10.30 

its wet here but not raining 

all depends how wet the track is  id say 

View from trackside around 12 o clock,  looks surprisingly good 

IMG-20231007-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

Some fantastic racing today.

Very surprised with Crangy. Plagued with bike issues and injury but last match of the season and he turned up.

Special shout out to Connor, what a brilliant rider, thankyou for this season. I have no doubt that you'll be a top rider and I don't expect you riding in the NDL next season.

Would really like to see Sam, Luke, and Ace back and if crangy continues like that I'd have him back, especially with such a low average.

Lastly, Senna, you were a breath of fresh air. Although you only got 1 point, you rode your heart out. In comparison to Harry, you were amazing. Not to hate on Harry though, I know he's lacking on confidence and I would love to see him return one day.

• Like 1

Enjoyable meeting and some good racing,  track held up well, despite all the rain in worky the last few days, some good riding by the team, impressed with senna summers,  one to watch I think, if luke crang rode like this all season,  comets would have won more meetings,  but been a good year for the return of the comets, thanks to Andrew Bain for bringing them back, let's wait and see what happens next year.

Next week the NDLRC if the riders turn up and give it a go, could be a very good meeting,  let's hope the weather gods are on our side

Edited by Neila
Wording
  • Like 5

poor crowd and the ones who stayed away missed a good meeting track was great 

i agree with the post above in all counts 

senna summers looks very tidy im sure hes allready got a start next year aslong as the structure stays as it is 

all riders today were neat and tidy even the ndl riders 

Some good racing this afternoon, Connor Bailey was superb , heat 15 was fantastic , agree Senna could be a good addition next year if the League set up is similar next year.

Thanks to all the lads who put on the Comets bib this season , a great comeback year.

• Like 1