British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Poole - 2023 KOC Final

2 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

He came out on the centre green and did an interview to the fans 

Also on stream before meeting 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf you prob didn't watch the stream? Sure Shovvy did though lol. 

Naa I usually gather what the meeting was like coming on this forum haha

• Like 1

I think Scunny probably needed another couple of points to make it interesting, but they go to Poole with a chance.

Went to the meeting thinking it would be freezing and the temperature was great.  Really like the track and never seen a bad match there.  However, Gate 4 was too advantageous today, but Gate 2 was awful so it made each heat interesting.

Lawson did incredibly well to win heat 13 from gate 2. :t:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No i doubt it, very happy with result, we will win cup easily.

Didn’t Scunny draw at poole this season

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We should be ok. Both Cooks are in low averages. Lawson keeps his low by working on it. Rowe just over 5. Bring in Cerniak and  Dominic Kubera on 5 point averages and we will be fine. :)

Or Chris Holder on his 7.16 Premiership average (using the Taresenko rule….If it’s ok for one team it’s ok for all teams!!!).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Didn’t Scunny draw at poole this season

You are not without hope just can't see it happening again.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You are not without hope just can't see it happening again.

Technically doesn't have to happen again, Scunny would settle for 44 points lol!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Technically doesn't have to happen again, Scunny would settle for 44 points lol!

We know what Douglas can do at Poole and Kemp will be good but can't see the rest getting enough points. Can't see it happening Wednesday as the forecast is very poor.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We know what Douglas can do at Poole and Kemp will be good but can't see the rest getting enough points. Can't see it happening Wednesday as the forecast is very poor.

I agree Poole are definitely favourites, but some suggested it was all over already, that's certainly not the case & who I would be arguing against.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Shovlar commenting all through a meet when Poole aren’t being beat lol comical 

What is up with this Poole side absolutely so off form Lawson and Worrall again pretty average 

Poole won by 10 last time and this time with the advantage of r/r ( Cook can ride where’s last time reserves only ) and they lose by 4 that’s a big swing 

Something clearly not right with the Pirates to lose a meeting they clearly should have won …. I’d expect them to win the cup as can’t see Douglas and Kemp getting 30 again 

Why don’t u just do one ffs allways chirping at anything to do with Poole,focus on your own bottling witches chucking an 18pt lead,you don’t see any of us on Ipswich threads constantly so go back to your own section.

the differences to this meeting was kemp scoring 10 last time 2,worrall scoring double figures this time 6 and Thompson not so good,as we allways know daytime meetings are different regarding set ups to evening obviously you don’t know that you don’t seem to appreciate riders can score different scores in similar meetings.

2 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Championship for next season going to look different. Two big hitters max, low ave, 38 for 7 riders and so far, no Basso, Brennan, Pickering, Douglas, Morris, poss Worrall R, . All heat leaders, Worky or Northside stepping up to replace Birmingham, Team building going to be very tight for 5 and 6 point ave riders. If all true

Has Tom Brennan confirmed he won’t be in the CL?

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No i doubt it, very happy with result, we will win cup easily.

I think you’re going to be very wrong it defo won’t be easy,kemp will be having 7 rides easily get double figures and Douglas a class act at Poole and they only needed Allen to score 8 last time with the rest not doing much to get a draw,we have reserves who are not scoring heavily enough to cruise the meeting especially when Rowe will be missed massively again,we have reserves in pretty much every heat,I think out of 15 heats we have them in 11 so don’t think it will be easy at all 

2 hours ago, PTW said:

I think you’re going to be very wrong it defo won’t be easy,kemp will be having 7 rides easily get double figures and Douglas a class act at Poole and they only needed Allen to score 8 last time with the rest not doing much to get a draw,we have reserves who are not scoring heavily enough to cruise the meeting especially when Rowe will be missed massively again,we have reserves in pretty much every heat,I think out of 15 heats we have them in 11 so don’t think it will be easy at all 

Agree about Douglas and Kemp but Ablitt, Mountain and Lambert won't score many and Newman is capable of beating Kemp, I think we will win by 8-10.