British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

On 3/11/2022 at 7:37 AM, GiveusaB said:

Future world champion!

You don't get a contract in Poland at 16 years of age if you don't have potential .

On 3/11/2022 at 8:38 AM, MartinBSN said:

He's some kid! Definitely putting points on his average

On 3/11/2022 at 8:41 AM, GiveusaB said:

He's something else....leaves Flint/Kemp and any other British youngster trailing...

On 3/11/2022 at 8:42 AM, GiveusaB said:

He's the new Darcy Ward !

I think Leigh Adams has mentored him ?

On 3/11/2022 at 9:36 AM, StevePark said:

No pressure on the kid then.....

10 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Can you prove that last bit or just making it up?? 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Jackanory

2 hours ago, lewy said:

You should start You  posts "Once upon a time ":t:

See told ya!! Even with 2 of you trying to gaslight me. Did he even put points on his average? Isn't it similar? Fans put too much pressure on him like they did with BK back in the day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Very true - lets just let them build and forge their own position in world speedway - and for a fact if you are not a heat leader in the championship it actually costs you to compete - you don’t make enough to cover your costs - they do it to build experience, get noticed and progress to the point where they can actually make a living - so we as fans should just let them be and grow. Put pressure on the heat leaders.

See told ya!! Even with 2 of you trying to gaslight me. Did he even put points on his average? Isn't it similar? Fans put too much pressure on him like they did with BK back in the day. 

48 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ok now show us the posts that said he'd be a HL after his decent showing in the Aussie first round. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol:rofl: and they all lived happily ever after.

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

That’s the spirit Lisa.

Don’t backdown double-down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Ok now show us the posts that said he'd be a HL after his decent showing in the Aussie first round. 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:40 AM, Marksman said:

Agreed, I think Pearson will average 6+ and be nowhere near reserve. Complin will probably kick on near a 5 point average with his home form especially.

Not sure about Ace after watching him last season there are better 2.00 riders out there this season. But Glasgow will be certs for the play offs imo.

Think you'll find that a six point plus rider would be the third heat leader in all bar 2 teams at the start this year.

I know by the time he increased his average to 6 the majority of those 5/6 point riders will have increase their averages, give we're starting 4 points below the average.

Not that I'm expecting Pearson to get a 6 point average

Just now, gmarsbar2 said:

Think you'll find that a six point plus rider would be the third heat leader in all bar 2 teams at the start this year.

I know by the time he increased his average to 6 the majority of those 5/6 point riders will have increase their averages, give we're starting 4 points below the average.

Won't be HL at Glasgow though. Unless Leon has an absolute disaster which we hope doesn't happen 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

On 1/5/2024 at 10:40 AM, Marksman said:

Agreed, I think Pearson will average 6+ and be nowhere near reserve. Complin will probably kick on near a 5 point average with his home form especially.

Not sure about Ace after watching him last season there are better 2.00 riders out there this season. But Glasgow will be certs for the play offs imo.

6+ is a HL next year in this weak league as you have JJ on less than that as 3rd HL! 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Lol:rofl: and they all lived happily ever after.

Wake me up when you finish gaslighting. I proved I told the truth. You said no one compared him to Darcy, a Brum fan did, I quoted it. The end. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

6+ is a HL next year in this weak league as you have JJ on less than that as 3rd HL! 

Wake me up when you finish gaslighting. I proved I told the truth. You said no one compared him to Darcy, a Brum fan did, I quoted it. The end. 

See my post above.

5 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Beat me to it. But one good meeting in Aus doesn't mean he will put 2+ points on his average imo. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Beat me to it. But one good meeting in Aus doesn't mean he will put 2+ points on his average imo. 

He's literally pointed out the flaw in your argument and you've agreed :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Won't be HL at Glasgow though. Unless Leon has an absolute disaster which we hope doesn't happen 

He better not be or we're in big trouble!

I fear we won't be making the playoffs because I cannot see this team winning on the road. But then everybody is substantially weaker, so hopefully I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

See my post above.

Maybe not at Glasgow but generally speaking 6+ average probably be considered a HL average now. 

Just now, gmarsbar2 said:

He better not be or we're in big trouble!

I fear we won't be making the playoffs because I cannot see this team winning on the road. But then everybody is substantially weaker, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah I'm not excited by the team this season. Others have mentioned changes would be made but be very difficult this season to rebuild. 2nd highest averages reserves (I think) so will need whoever down there to be banging in points all season 

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He's literally pointed out the flaw in your argument and you've agreed :rofl:

Yeah I didn't read the middle bit. Just the first sentence! But you wanted me to say if anyone was making him out to be a HL. I did that based HLs averages at other clubs. Newman a HL next season, average under 6! If anyone predicting anyone to have a 6+ average then they looking at HL material.