British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Posted (edited)

Personally not a fan of Batch for all the reasons mentioned on here, this was reinforced when he disrespected the paying public at the Championship Pairs last season not trying and pulling wheelies at the back. On the plus side he has great pedigree, experience and as a fellow Aussie he can hopefully help mentor young Tate.

Edited by SteelShoe

1 minute ago, SteelShoe said:

Personally not a fan of Batch for all the reasons mentioned on here, this was reinforced when he disrespected the paying public at the Championship Pairs last season not trying and pulling wheelies at the back. 

I've not seen that match, so maybe that's why I'm more keen on him than any others. But if a rider did that in my team, I'd be sacking him the next day.

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've not seen that match, so maybe that's why I'm more keen on him than any others. But if a rider did that in my team, I'd be sacking him the next day.

It was very disrespectful and pretty pathetic.Deserved to be sacked but Birmingham couldn’t really afford  too IMO..Dickson was Team manager that night I’m sure.

Claus Vissing good fit for our final rider. If it is to be Claus and he reproduces his Glasgow form I'll be happy with that. 

I think for as much good publicity as Liebmann has brought, it's left the team terribly unbalanced. A lot of pressure on 4 riders on their first season of championship racing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

You're right, I should have said all!

4 riders on assessed averages, 3 of which have not raced in Britain (regularly) before

Cook, big question mark whether his head is still in it... and Batch for that matter.

There's really no forecasting how that team will perform!

The only 2 I have reservations about are Liebemenn and batchelor the rest will be fine. Cook will be one of the best riders in the league 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

The only 2 I have reservations about are Liebemenn and batchelor the rest will be fine. Cook will be one of the best riders in the league 

I hope you're right... we'll see

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Josh Auty 

Think Auty will be the last signing on an injury reducted average to fit under the 6.32 left, we will see.

Hopefully they'll announce the final rider in the next few days.

26 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Think Auty will be the last signing on an injury reducted average to fit under the 6.32 left, we will see.

Will he get an average reduction? Others in the past haven’t…

56 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I think for as much good publicity as Liebmann has brought, it's left the team terribly unbalanced. A lot of pressure on 4 riders on their first season of championship racing. 

Celina is obviously a bit of an unknown quantity but to say her signing has left the team terribly unbalanced is in my view an overstatement.  Looking at the reserve pairings of the Championship teams most are made up of one or two fairly inexperienced 2 pointers. Celina has been riding for 17 years, on the right equipment I'm confident she will hold her own. 

32 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Be very surprised , thought he had retired. 

36 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Hope naughty auty is not the last signing, after his previous exploits at Derwent park :blush:

9 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Will he get an average reduction? Others in the past haven’t…

No idea, doesn't seem to be any real criteria set in the rulebook other than

010.2.3 Amended MA’s With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: - a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased) b) riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to a speedway injury

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Hope naughty auty is not the last signing, after his previous exploits at Derwent park :blush:

Must be a long long time ago now? Wasn't it about 2012 that happened

The Comets fans soon forgave Andre Compton when he signed B)

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Must be a long long time ago now? Wasn't it about 2012 that happened

The Comets fans soon forgave Andre Compton when he signed B)

But Compton was a hard rider, not out and out dirty/reckless rider