British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

2 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

Just keeping folk interested by the looks of it. A bit pointless if you ask me

Telling us who it is might get a few more season tickets sold and much-needed money in the coffers ahead of the season starting, I know people who are holding off until they know the final lineup.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

Telling us who it is might get a few more season tickets sold and much-needed money in the coffers ahead of the season starting, I know people who are holding off until they know the final lineup.

Really? 

With Worky being so entertaining now, two former GP heat-leaders and exciting new names coming in for the first CL season?   

Surely there aren't such obsessed folk  who won't buy a season ticket until they knew the name of a middle-order rider? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

Totally agree the sooner the full team is announced,  some people will then decide whether to buy a season ticket. Season Ticket sales help cover start up costs prior to the new season before money comes in via admission to meetings 

1 hour ago, Blue Groove said:

I've said the same thing myself

On 1/8/2024 at 2:24 PM, j2ohh said:

the last signing is supposed to be an  ex comet as the rumour goes . Rew iis not an ex c  so viss is . as is hansen . as is james wright .

so its looking like

stoney lol

sorry dont really buy that im sure any who were going to buy a season ticket would buy it regardless of final starting line up 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

sorry dont really buy that im sure any who were going to buy a season ticket would buy it regardless of final starting line up 

Not necessarily I know people who have held off

11 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I know a few that were gonna get them for family members for Christmas but they'd only announced 4 riders

Edited by Supersteady84
  • Like 1

I intend going every meeting I can regardless off what team we have 

Id say I've missed about 12 meetings since Tony mole and Ian Thomas started back up at derwent Park 

You never know when your gonna miss a good or poor meeting 

21 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

I know a few that were gonna get them for family members for Christmas but they'd only signed 4 riders

Agree with you think all clubs should have their team before Xmas and out for the fans to see.

45 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Agree with you think all clubs should have their team before Xmas and out for the fans to see.

but it does keep the interest going and keeps it in the poblic eye .

anyhow  , i would go all the yime , unless something else crops up .

as bill shankly said , speedway ,its not a matter of life and  death . its much more important than that

or was it football ?

Edited by j2ohh
nothing was changed

4 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

But how on earth can they tell you who the last signing is, IF THEY HAVENT YET SIGNED THEIR FINAL RIDER ? !!!1   DOH !!

4 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

Until the Buster got involved with Panthers, I had a season ticket for 12 years. This was to help the club, as I always missed a couple of meetings, due to holidays. If we had a good team, it was a bonus. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

But how on earth can they tell you who the last signing is, IF THEY HAVENT YET SIGNED THEIR FINAL RIDER ? !!!1   DOH !!

if they have not signed the last rider , how can they tell you something they do not  know themselves .

or if the have signed the last rider and are witholding the riders name ,  it keeps fans fron all teams interested in Workington speedway .

its not up to you or anyone else to tell the workington promotion when and how to release information about signings .we are not in  Russia

and we have freedom .DOUBLE DOH .

48 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

The team WAS sorted before Christmas!! DOH

57 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

if they have not signed the last rider , how can they tell you something they do not  know themselves .

or if the have signed the last rider and are witholding the riders name ,  it keeps fans fron all teams interested in Workington speedway .

its not up to you or anyone else to tell the workington promotion when and how to release information about signings .we are not in  Russia

and we have freedom .DOUBLE DOH .

Oh dear, I havent a clue what your first sentence is meant to mean ?  Its just gobbledegook !

And funnily enough I know that its not up to me to "tell the workington promotion when and how to release information about signings"  ???? !!!!  I have never suggested that. Again, utter gobbledegook !

I was merely trying to inform those that said the Comets team has been sorted, that according to information received very recently, (and no I am not going to say from who), IT ISNT. I was simply told that the final rider has NOT yet been signed !  Why would my source then deliberately lie to me about it if the complete team HAS been signed ?

Incidentally its a long time since I was at school, but geography was my favourite subject. I very quickly learned that we are not in Russia !!   Well done for working that one out. 

End of discussion. 

Bye Bye