British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

Well done Scunthorpe, well deserved.

poor return again from Worrall and Lawson finally getting organised towards the end of the meeting. 

For 2024 - Lawson, Ben & Zach will likely be our top 3. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zack will be at Poole next year.

He may well be but what about Zach will he be at Poole.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zack will be at Poole next year.

I thought you were mr shovlar not mark Phillips you may be right I hope your not, can I have Wednesdays lottery numbers if your looking in your crystal ball Plymouth do not have to loan him to Poole Steve they may well do in all seriousness but you might say the lad doesn’t want to ride for Plymouth well Plymouth might say buy him or someone else will.

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Still no comments from Lisa 

Probably watching the Speedway equivalent of VAR to see how many times Simon Lambert moved at the starts.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nobody can ever knock Lambert he can have some poor meetings,but there is NEVER any lack of effort.Deserves a bit of success.

He's reminiscent of Rene Aas and Nicky Allott 

Looks a worldie one night and a wobbler the next. 

Have yo say he has found more consistency this season though. 

10 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well done Scunthorpe, well deserved.

poor return again from Worrall and Lawson finally getting organised towards the end of the meeting. 

For 2024 - Lawson, Ben & Zach will likely be our top 3. 

With the touted points limit being so low, it’s important to bring in young riders who have the capabilities to improve. The Tarasenko loophole Glasgow exploited has now been sealed so there can be no repeat. So only genuine 5 pointers. Guessing all teams will have very inexperienced reserves, though I think it’s important to have at least one reserve capable of winning heats. There’s going to be a lot of two races in the same heat.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

I have had my fun now,deep down we all no the asset system is a load of bull and riders from the commonwealth use it to get a sponsor if zach is at Poole good luck to him but it’s still a bit funny that Poole have had the 2nd leg in 2 finals and blown both I hope everyone stays safe in the winter and if anyone hears from Lisa as this must be the longest she’s been quiet wish her well.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the touted points limit being so low, it’s important to bring in young riders who have the capabilities to improve. The Tarasenko loophole Glasgow exploited has now been sealed so there can be no repeat. So only genuine 5 pointers. Guessing all teams will have very inexperienced reserves, though I think it’s important to have at least one reserve capable of winning heats. 

We already have our number 7 sorted.

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Still no comments from Lisa 

still behind the couch hoping the Ht 14 result was wrong.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

We already have our number 7 sorted.

Yes heard that but wasn’t sure if confirmed. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the touted points limit being so low, it’s important to bring in young riders who have the capabilities to improve. The Tarasenko loophole Glasgow exploited has now been sealed so there can be no repeat. So only genuine 5 pointers. Guessing all teams will have very inexperienced reserves, though I think it’s important to have at least one reserve capable of winning heats. There’s going to be a lot of two races in the same heat.

It wasn’t a loophole it was a rule, It’s only a loophole if it was not allowed but you can find a loophole.within it.

Do keep up.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Stop bigging up the jubilee Cup,completely pointless and no kudos in winning it,with two made up teams of available riders,no Glasgow in the final, if they were they would win it easily,complete waste of time not worth risking riders getting injured. Time to move on and stop grasping at straws you're making a fool of yourself again. 

Ad a leicester I don't give a flying duck about the jubilee final. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes heard that but wasn’t sure if confirmed. 

Max Perry??????

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

still behind the couch hoping the Ht 14 result was wrong.

she’s in the cupboard afraid of lambo

• Confused 1