British Speedway Forum

16 hours ago, lewy said:

Could make a double change 

12 hours ago, ITK said:

I'd be extremely surprised if the Redcar management did that to a rider. Expect they'll go for a straight replacement for TJ. 

Have to agree, even if they only signed a 4.9 rider & finished 2 points below the limit, don't expect them to drop someone else before the season starts.

I don't understand any suggestions that Redcar could have avoided this or suggestions they've made a mistake by signing an injured rider.

Every year teams start with riders who didn't complete the previous season. What would the alternative be? Don't sign riders till they have proved their fully fit (which may not be till March)?

So we could potentially have a dozen riders with no teams because they weren't fit in December when teams were signed! Where will these replacements come from anyway, it's not like there's that many available riders without teams to replace Janowski, Klindt, Wright, Woffinden, Gilkes, Perry, Mulford & Jorgensen for example.

Redcar are unfortunate, but all they can do is go off the medical advice at the time, that TJ would be fit in March.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Charles is, or will be fit for the start of the season?

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand any suggestions that Redcar could have avoided this or suggestions they've made a mistake by signing an injured rider.

Every year teams start with riders who didn't complete the previous season. What would the alternative be? Don't sign riders till they have proved their fully fit (which may not be till March)?

So we could potentially have a dozen riders with no teams because they weren't fit in December when teams were signed! Where will these replacements come from anyway, it's not like there's that many available riders without teams to replace Janowski, Klindt, Wright, Woffinden, Gilkes, Perry, Mulford & Jorgensen for example.

Redcar are unfortunate, but all they can do is go off the medical advice at the time, that TJ would be fit in March.

Sign someone else on a short-term deal until the injured rider is fit could be a possible alternative, I guess.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

In fairness its just one poster having a moan. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Sign someone else on a short-term deal until the injured rider is fit could be a possible alternative, I guess.

It’s an option, but not a lot of incentive for riders to sign on that basis, given supply and demand.

30 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

It’s an option, but not a lot of incentive for riders to sign on that basis, given supply and demand.

Which is why I said "could".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Which is why I said "could".

Riders wanting a full time spot wouldn't agree to a temporary gig unless all the team spits were taken, but if riders like Rowe or Gilkes just wanted to do Prem & Poland, they may agree to a temporary place?

2 hours ago, Redtruck said:

Rew 6.00 , Bellego 6.00? 

Would like to see Rew riding in the Championship but depends how many other leagues he is doing I guess. 

Playing devils advocate here but all Redcar need to do is find a rider with a higher average than the points they currently have left and ask the bspa to up the limit slightly… precedent has been set by Edinburgh so happy days haha.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Claus Vissing as a possible candidate to replace TJ?

Quite possibly, though I'd still say Workington is a better fit, if they are both interested and can agree terms.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Playing devils advocate here but all Redcar need to do is find a rider with a higher average than the points they currently have left and ask the bspa to up the limit slightly… precedent has been set by Edinburgh so happy days haha.

OR get a rider in so they come to 37 points and put forward the case that the limit should be lowered and other teams have to change  :D

• Haha 2