British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Lewis Kerr a possibility?

15 hours ago, Redtruck said:

Not as a no1 he’s to inconsistent 

Can't be that inconsistent as he's got a higher average than Redcar's current heat leaders, which could actually go against him, as I'd expect more improvement from King or Wright with their averages.

In a weaker league, I think Kerr is a surefire number one, but I'd pick King & Wright before him.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

As a supporter watching him he does seem to be inconsistent when the team is under pressure. Pretty much always gets a tapes warning most meetings as well. Maybe Lee Complin taking him from behind, under pressure,in the Play Offs put paid to his Oxford job. Who knows. 

40 minutes ago, Biffa said:

As a supporter watching him he does seem to be inconsistent when the team is under pressure. Pretty much always gets a tapes warning most meetings as well. Maybe Lee Complin taking him from behind, under pressure,in the Play Offs put paid to his Oxford job. Who knows. 

Agree when the pressure is on.You can’t argue with his average though,it’s always been decent.

• Like 1

Wright, Flint and Brennan as top 3? 

Edit - plus am I right in thinking Edwards is on a 2 year deal? So after adding him in leaves 12.06 for 3 riders. 

Think that would be pretty strong in 38 limit. 

Edited by lisa-colette

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Edit - plus am I right in thinking Edwards is on a 2 year deal? So after adding him in leaves 12.06 for 3 riders. 

Risky Top3 IMO.Rate Brennan though.

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Risky but they are 2 riders on the up but can’t see Brennan coming to us not with his “friendship” with Charles 

Edited by Redtruck
  • Haha 2

So assuming its 38 point limit (36 and a 2 point rider) how about:-

Wright

King

Flint

Hume

Edwards

Mulford 

2 pointer (Harrison?)

Assuming I've used the right averages I think it fits.

Not saying it is what I'd choose but would be ok with that.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Wright

King

Flint

Hume

Edwards

Mulford 

2 pointer (Harrison?)

I think you’ll be pretty bang on with that

6 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Wright

King

Flint

Hume

Edwards

Mulford 

2 pointer (Harrison?)

Wouldn't be too disappointed with that side at all. Would like to see Riss back as I think if fully fit would be a strong heat leader in a weaker league. 

2 hours ago, boz said:

Wouldn't be too disappointed with that side at all. Would like to see Riss back as I think if fully fit would be a strong heat leader in a weaker league. 

If you could guarantee he would be fully fit and back to the rider he was, then I’d have no issue with him coming back. 

Just not sure he will but time will tell. Just thought a change of track might help him.

I know we are all speculating about signings etc but the most depressing thing in my mind is going to be the actual strength of the league. Basically it is going to be similar to our play off team this year with a No1, 2 lesser “heat leaders” and second string/Reserves similar to this year. Only thing is everyone is in the same boat. 

On 10/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, Biffa said:

Maybe Lee Complin taking him from behind, under pressure,in the Play Offs put paid to his Oxford job. 

I had to read that twice. 

• Haha 5

On 10/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, lisa-colette said:

That would be a very strong top 3 and 12.06 for a no. 2 and two reserves should be adequate for next season. I feel Redcar are on the cusp of something and maybe next season will be a winning one.

Like others have said, I’d be very surprised to see Brennan in the Redcar team next year.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, lisa-colette said:

On 10/18/2023 at 9:27 AM, Fromafar said:

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

That would be a very strong top 3 and 12.06 for a no. 2 and two reserves should be adequate for next season. I feel Redcar are on the cusp of something and maybe next season will be a winning one.

I'd have to agree with Fromafar doesn't look such a great heat leader trio to me. But it's very hard not to compare next year's teams to this year's. In a weaker league could be a decent heat leader trio.

• Like 1