British Speedway Forum

Seems to be a deadly silence coming from the Poole promotion regarding next season, with all the rumours, is it championship or premiership 

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I know that. But they are way off premiership standard as are the promoted 3 but its rare all 3 promoted teams all go back down the next season so will be 2 of them and Bournemouth to go down. To be fair their a small club anyway and shouldnt be up in the top tier. 

I think the premiership is a waste of space, so predictable, you know exactly who is going to be in the top 6, and you know exactly who is going to be fighting the drop 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Seems to be a deadly silence coming from the Poole promotion regarding next season, with all the rumours, is it championship or premiership 

With Danny on the BSPL Board I doubt he'll make any announcements til after the  AGM rubber-stamping in a couple of weeks time!

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With Danny on the BSPL Board I doubt he'll make any announcements til after the  AGM rubber-stamping in a couple of weeks time!

What I was told last nite at the worky end of season sold out presentation nite, was still lots of things to be decided/ confirmed dispite lots of previous talking could be an interesting promotors conference :rolleyes:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think the premiership is a waste of space, so predictable, you know exactly who is going to be in the top 6, and you know exactly who is going to be fighting the drop 

Did you read the post? You’re a gift that keeps giving.

26 minutes ago, Neila said:

What I was told last nite at the worky end of season sold out presentation nite, was still lots of things to be decided/ confirmed dispite lots of previous talking could be an interesting promotors conference :rolleyes:

Are they bringing back the green helmet colour???? :rofl:

34 minutes ago, Neila said:

There's so many rumours flying around. Depends what you believe really, possibly a prem team refusing to ride in the prem next year, the points limit change, who's running next year along with who's up or down. Tenerife ain't going to know what's hit em!

28 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Did you read the post? You’re a gift that keeps giving.

:icon_smile_clown:

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson 8.70 -2.5%  8.48

Ben Cook. 7.39

Zach Cook. 6.22

Reserve 1. 2.0

Reserve 2.  2.56

Rew. 6.0. (Not sure this is correct as not sure conversion from Premier to Championship.)

=32.65

means we have 5.35 for last rider. Rowe is 5.8 so he is ruled out. And “if” Rew is 6, it would rule out Kyle Newman who after the 2.5 deduction is 5.5.

Anyone know the conversion formula from Prem to Championship? 

Could Jack Thomas be in contention at 4.78 as I read he is riding his moto cross bike and is also looking to train in Poland to get race fit again ??.Possibly an additional  risk though were it to be Sam Hagon and Max Perry at reserve. Would also put us 0.53 below the 38 limit. 

It was those 2 Bournemouth Echo comments though that intrigued me as it may indicate a good opportunity has just become available to make the team stronger with a better balance. It must be to drop Rowe having told him he was 99.9% certain to be in the team until a few days ago. Also Rowe at 21 is still arguably improving so it must be a decent alternative hence my Rew comment which of course be way off the mark. 

Another option maybe Zischke on a 5 (or 4) as still not sure if racing in POL U24 qualifies as a 5 for that league itself an he only rode 6 matches in his first season due to the delayed return from concussion in Aussie. His previous season was a few matches in Danish 2nd league (mainly juniors) so is that really a 5. On a 4 or 5 I would take him and it creates extra point further down the order. Tate returned to Aussie and is racing aging under Darcy Ward's wing as he raced in a meeting in October.

I'm sure Danny has it all in hand but those Echo comments do open up some thoughts.

12 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

There's so many rumours flying around. Depends what you believe really, possibly a prem team refusing to ride in the prem next year, the points limit change, who's running next year along with who's up or down. Tenerife ain't going to know what's hit em!

That's so true! And it's in Tenerife again(rather than uk) to discourage any promoters from walking out!!!;)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That's so true! And it's in Tenerife again(rather than uk) to discourage any promoters from walking out!!!;)

Posibly , but I doubt it will stop the "dirty tricks brigade" from getting to work.:)

11 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Posibly , but I doubt it will stop the "dirty tricks brigade" from getting to work.:)

Long gone thank goodness!!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Happened a few times when agm was held in the uk :D

Richard Lawson.  8.48
Ben Cook. 7.39
Zach Cook. 6.22
New rider. 5.0
Max Perry. 2.0
Sam Hagon. 2.56

=31.65

Leaving 6.35 for final rider.