British Speedway Forum

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2023 at 8:23 AM, szkocjasid said:

Cook as Poole's 4th "heat leader" has an average of 6.22. other teams 3rd heat leaders are Etheridge (5.91), Thompson (6.48), Flint (6.56), Jenkins (5.98), Newman (5.65), Jorgensen (6.39).

So Cook is not far behind the best 3rd heat leaders in the league & stronger than the weakest. In a 38 point league, I'd say Poole certainly have "4 heat leaders"

We have S Lambert as our 4th highest rider & on this last years form, is on par or better than some named above.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Wait until you see Thomsen live then you'll see what I mean, Plus you won't be able to get a decent replacement in either because the HL's averages will go up in a weakened Championship.

Home track advantage means nothing imo when you've got two reserves with limited experience whilst having a dreadful Dane on a false average at No.2 who's real average is much lower than the 4.00 you've signed him on, Take out his one double figure score for Brum then this is what his scores were.

3+2

2+1

2+1

3+1

How many of those scores were on never-seen-before away tracks in 2019?

It does seem a left field choice by Poole this one, but with the points limit this year I think it could be quite an interesting season.Has anyone thought as this is such a strange choice maybe someone else decided British speedway is not for me or Poole speedway is not for me? He might be an inspired choice who knows but at the moment it seems as if certain Poole fans are deep down trying to convince themselves it’s a good signing because they won’t have anything bad said against the fords who let’s be honest we’re steaming last season when it went belly up towards the end.there is a hell of a lot of pressure on 4 riders to perform every meeting interesting times ahead for all of us this season I think.

Edited by Mike0310

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Wait until you see Thomsen live then you'll see what I mean, Plus you won't be able to get a decent replacement in either because the HL's averages will go up in a weakened Championship.

Home track advantage means nothing imo when you've got two reserves with limited experience whilst having a dreadful Dane on a false average at No.2 who's real average is much lower than the 4.00 you've signed him on, Take out his one double figure score for Brum then this is what his scores were.

3+2

2+1

2+1

3+1

We all know what happens when that Poole racesuit goes on, let's just wait and see, there will definitely be a plan B if things don't work out, you can be sure of that 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

The Ford's are hardly going to be honest and say we couldn't get anyone decent in with the points available so we had to settle for Thomsen.

Personally if they knew they was going to end up with Thomsen then I don't think they would've signed Brennan because a Rowe/Newman combo would be better.

Their was a lot of talk about a 4.00 Aussie on this thread which suggests the Ford's thought they would get one + Brennan but it all went belly up.

Exactly, so they see Thomsen as best available 4 pointer .

14 minutes ago, therefused said:

hes crap, dont know why poole fans are trying to convince themselves otherwise

No all Poole fans, I would agree with you, personally prefer to have a youngster with potential, I realise he would be a 5 pointer in this league but a little surprised Rew hasn't got a  Championship spot somewhere.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Will be able to replace him with another 4 pointer if one is available. Hopefully it won't come to that though. 

Everything seems to be based on half a decade ago. I might listen more if it was one or two years ago. 

2019 isn't half a decade ago.

56 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

How many of those scores were on never-seen-before away tracks in 2019?

How many Championship tracks would be new to him in 2023? He's awful, Ford's very rarely get it wrong but the Thomsen signing is the balls up of all balls ups.

23 minutes ago, therefused said:

hes crap, dont know why poole fans are trying to convince themselves otherwise

Deep down they know but they won't admit to it because they always get behind the 1-7 signed by the Ford family.

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Exactly, so they see Thomsen as best available 4 pointer .

More than likely the only 4.00 pointer available which speaks volumes because nobody in their right mind would pick him on a shortlist containing other options.

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

We have S Lambert as our 4th highest rider & on this last years form, is on par or better than some named above.

Lambert is a fantastic signing for Scunny after his form last year, he could be in a par with Cook & better than some 3rd heat leaders too.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

How many Championship tracks would be new to him in 2023? He's awful, Ford's very rarely get it wrong but the Thomsen signing is the balls up of all balls ups.

Deep down they know but they won't admit to it because they always get behind the 1-7 signed by the Ford family.

More than likely the only 4.00 pointer available which speaks volumes because nobody in their right mind would pick him on a shortlist containing other options.

It is when the season starts.

Yeah they put the money into the club along with sponsors like Skidder. They not just going to sign someone who they think will struggle, unless they have someone lined up for May/June onwards. 

Edited by lisa-colette

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Lambert is a fantastic signing for Scunny after his form last year, he could be in a par with Cook & better than some 3rd heat leaders too.

He certainly was in the cup final, he was on fire, gating well and when he missed the gate, making some terrific passes, worried about Douglas but it was Lambert who was the star rider.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

At least we have a 1-7 to get behind. The amount of time you spend on a Poole topic suggests you've given up trying to save your own?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

At least we have a 1-7 to get behind. The amount of time you spend on a Poole topic suggests you've given up trying to save your own?

Hit a nerve did I Skidder? and not for much longer you won't.

Edited by TTT

Everyone seems so concerned Poole have balls up, why don't you worry about your own teams, surly it gives your team's a better chance of winning something if they have. Let's just wait and see how it pans out, the poor bloke hasn't been given a chance 

Edited by Arthur54

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Everyone seems so concerned Poole have balls up, why don't you worry about your own teams, surly it gives your team's a better chance of winning something if they have. Let's just wait and see how it pans out, the poor bloke hasn't been given a chance 

he had a chance a few years ago, he was crap then too