British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Max Perry is a good prospect or possibly Sam Hagon.

As we are knocking ideas around.

We know positive comments were made when Sam Hagon guested for Poole and although a bit over the flat 2 maybe under consideration depending on plans further up.

Also how about trying in 2024 Tate Zischke ?? not sure if we could secure on a 4 (not sure if his sort stint in POL U24 for Leszno from July to Sept makes him a 5). I didn't think U24 Lge pushed you up to a 5. Well worth the investment although Leszno may decide to take the Keynan Rew route with him and loan him to a POL Lge 1/2 team for 2024. Or give him a full season in U24 if back to full fitness. (Tuesday racing in that Lge)

Also Luke Killeen maybe if Oxford go for Boughen as their 2 pointer ??

23 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

As we are knocking ideas around.

We know positive comments were made when Sam Hagon guested for Poole and although a bit over the flat 2 maybe under consideration depending on plans further up.

Also how about trying in 2024 Tate Zischke ?? not sure if we could secure on a 4 (not sure if his sort stint in POL U24 for Leszno from July to Sept makes him a 5). I didn't think U24 Lge pushed you up to a 5. Well worth the investment although Leszno may decide to take the Keynan Rew route with him and loan him to a POL Lge 1/2 team for 2024. Or give him a full season in U24 if back to full fitness. (Tuesday racing in that Lge)

Also Luke Killeen maybe if Oxford go for Boughen as their 2 pointer ??

Think Oxford are having both Killeen and Boughen? Also I think Hagon is 2.56, he is not going to be short of offers! 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Think Oxford are having both Killeen and Boughen? Also I think Hagon is 2.56, he is not going to be short of offers! 

Think would be a big risk if they had 2 x 2 pointers even though both have long term potential. 

We saw that having at least one strong/er reserve pays dividends.

Also on Kyle Newman. Will he retire after this season as he said prior to season start he would review situation depending on how this season went.  Would he be a better option going forward compared to Anders Rowe who although slightly higher may have better scope to improve being still only 21.

A 38 point limit sure makes it interesting even if quality reduced a bit. Would the Ford's look at one H/L compared to the 2/3 of before. With a 7.55  point drop on the current team av, we know that probably one of the current 2 may have to go. Especially if both the Cooks (who I believe still lodge together at Middlo's) are still on an upward curve. I also think Ben's GSA would have been even higher had it not been for EF's or mishaps.

Also to finish. The Thompson Twins mentioned in earlier post would perhaps be interesting, as sure they would enjoy riding in same team in Champ with I assume Dan doubling up with his parent team Leicester in Prem. I also think Joe would have been singing the praises of Poole who improved him after signing towards season end.

Lots of food for thought in coming months. I am sure both Danny & Matt probably know already who their ideal team will be as they sure won't want to miss out on that lower order which will be so important to get the right mix.

Assuming the well rumoured 38 points is the new limit in 24.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Think would be a big risk if they had 2 x 2 pointers even though both have long term potential. 

We saw that having at least one strong/er reserve pays dividends.

Also on Kyle Newman. Will he retire after this season as he said prior to season start he would review situation depending on how this season went.  Would he be a better option going forward compared to Anders Rowe who although slightly higher may have better scope to improve being still only 21.

A 38 point limit sure makes it interesting even if quality reduced a bit. Would the Ford's look at one H/L compared to the 2/3 of before. With a 7.55  point drop on the current team av, we know that probably one of the current 2 may have to go. Especially if both the Cooks (who I believe still lodge together at Middlo's) are still on an upward curve. I also think Ben's GSA would have been even higher had it not been for EF's or mishaps.

Also to finish. The Thompson Twins mentioned in earlier post would perhaps be interesting, as sure they would enjoy riding in same team in Champ with I assume Dan doubling up with his parent team Leicester in Prem. I also think Joe would have been singing the praises of Poole who improved him after signing towards season end.

Lots of food for thought in coming months. I am sure both Danny & Matt probably know already who their ideal team will be as they sure won't want to miss out on that lower order which will be so important to get the right mix.

Assuming the well rumoured 38 points is the new limit in 24.

Kyle is due to have an op on his shoulder this winter subject to NHS schedules!

Dan Thompson had a few laps of the Wimborne Road track a couple of weeks ago after the meeting.

Edited by Skidder1

Looking at next year potentially being a 38.00 limit I’ve come up with a team 

Lawson 8.58

zischke (spelling?) 4.00

Z Cook 6.22

Dan Thompson 4.86/Rowe 5.80

B Cook 7.39

Joe Thompson 3.51

3.44/2.50

looks half decent to me would make sense  getting Dan Thompson would defo improve his average and after last year with Tate can’t see us not getting him this coming year.

another option would be going with a 2pointer and change Dan Thompson for Rowe.

Other option would be Jack Thomas maybe instead of Tate or one of Dan Thompson or Rowe 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PTW said:

Looking at next year potentially being a 38.00 limit I’ve come up with a team 

Lawson 8.58

zischke (spelling?) 4.00

Z Cook 6.22

Dan Thompson 4.86/Rowe 5.80

B Cook 7.39

Joe Thompson 3.51

3.44/2.50

looks half decent to me would make sense  getting Dan Thompson would defo improve his average and after last year with Tate can’t see us not getting him this coming year.

another option would be going with a 2pointer and change Dan Thompson for Rowe.

Other option would be Jack Thomas maybe instead of Tate or one of Dan Thompson or Rowe 

Think Tate would be a 5 not a 4? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think Tate would be a 5 not a 4? 

You can get some good 5 pointers as long as the rule book allows.

• Haha 3

Not many mentioning keeping Super Stevie Worrall

Dan Thompson says in today's S.Star that he has his Championship place tied up for 2024! Whether that's for Poole, Plymouth or whoever.............?

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Dan Thompson says in today's S.Star that he has his Championship place tied up for 2024! Whether that's for Poole, Plymouth or whoever.............?

Bet he is relieved with that after last winter. 

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Whether that is with Poole or not a team will be getting a very decider defo capable of getting upto a 6.00 average 

So it is interesting Poole potentially have a 2 pointer lined up if you don't have to have one. I wonder if they are trying to fit Lawson, Cook's and Rowe in. 

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So it is interesting Poole potentially have a 2 pointer lined up if you don't have to have one. I wonder if they are trying to fit Lawson, Cook's and Rowe in. 

Def Cooks and Rowe imo. One of Worrall and Lawson....

6 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Def Cooks and Rowe imo. One of Worrall and Lawson....

Worrall is going to scunthorpe. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, lewy said:

Worrall is going to scunthorpe. 

I know I'm quoting myself but this may well not be the case now,team building constantly changing.

• Like 1