British Speedway Forum
Spidvej

Wolves last meeting at Monmore 23rd October

21 hours ago, R87 said:

The fact that it's at Monbore will put people off

Classy :nono:

Really sad to see monmore go. Loved my trips there and all the banter. 

I hope tonignt is let the last we see if a wolves team. Good luck for the future. 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

Listening to BBC Wm, thanks to you guys and to all at Wolves, you leave a huge gap in speedway U.K. and hopefully a new home can be found. Having relished your visits to Ipswich, thanks to the promoters, managers, riders and all involved, you will be missed. A sad day but long live the Wolves. I look forward to seeing Wolves at Foxhall in2025. Until then, keep the faith all you supporters and followers of the mighty Wolves.

Edited by Hawk127

If any speedway supporter has anything to do with Entain you really aren't a speedway supporter.

Goodbye Monmore, thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Although not my favourite track the "Cheetahs" had some memorable meetings there and Momore Green will be a sad loss.

I think one of my favourite memories of Monmore was when we scored about 29 points, Vanessa Purchase came out to us as we were on chauffeur duties, apologised and told us they would be late coming back to the vans. She went and found out where the control for the hot water was in the showers and turned it off making it extremely cold, she then stormed into the showers and gave them a right rollicking.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, False dawn said:

I know Freddie is not down to ride, but do you know he won't be there?

He has posted a video on Facebook.

1 minute ago, Debbi said:

He has posted a video on Facebook.

was there anything from woffinden ???

25 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

was there anything from woffinden ???

He hasn’t posted anything on his instagram or Facebook that I can see. Think he is now in Oz and seems to be plugging his music. At least Freddie acknowledged and did a video for the fans.

A tough night to get through and one I'd dreaded since the shattering news in April.  Some decent racing on view,  but that was of secondary importance on a night where corporate greed finally and selfishly ousted friendships that have been built, memories made and dreams came true (with the odd nightmare along the way!)

33 years on from first walking into Monmore Green as a 7 year old kid, I'm finding it hard to come to terms that just over an hour ago, I walked out through the gates for the very last time.  Seeing my first speedway hero Ronnie Correy back on a bike again (and still looking handy btw) took me back to those halcyon 90s days, where life seemed so much better.

The end of an era.  Let's hope can do it all again some place.

Monmore Green.  1928 to 2023

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I estimate that I have been to around 80 different tracks. Some I have enjoyed and some I haven't. But not for 1 second have I wanted any of those tracks to be lost to the sport.

That's because you are not an attention seeking moron!  Monmore is the scene of two of the best meetings I have ever been to both 45-45 draws one was Wolves v Cradley from 1988 or 1989 the other was the Playoff semi final between Wolves and Ipswich in 2005 (i think it was) both absolute belters that will live in my memory for all times.

A sad, sad loss to the sport. Every track has it's good and bad meetings and I saw plenty of good racing as a visiting Aces fan in the past.

So sorry for the loyal fans who deserve great credit for supporting their team through thick and thin.

Hope that one day we will welcome the Wolves back to the sport.

I feel the pain of the Wolves supporters, Monmore has never been a happy hunting ground for me and I’ve watched Peterborough get some right maulings there, getting a win there was like rocking horse ****. In CVS you have a fantastic promoter and owner, if anyone can steer you to a future, it will be him. You’re in safe hands and I wish you well.

• Like 1