British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

12 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

That deflection twaddle would be a "No" then to my question.    You couldn't get all the promoters from all over the country to drive to Rugby for less than the cost of a £31 flight to Tenerife.

Less of the derisive personal insults.  Not clever.

We all know it isn't £31 for a return flight to Tenerife.

There's just no need for it to be in Tenerife.  End of.

5 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Where I am at a loss with your argument is understanding whether you are saying no British company should hold its AGM abroad, or just that the BSPL shouldn't because you think they are unprofessional and just off on a booze up.

Personally I have no issue with them holding it abroad, because if just one decision is made that benefits from them all being there and focused on matters in hand, then it will have been worthwhile. 

However, given the general lack of trust in them from supporters, it doesn't show much reading of the room to know they might get some flack. 

There's no argument.  It just doesn't need to be there.

5 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

Can somebody please answer my original question. I started this thread as a serious post but all ive heard is talk of hob knobs and the price of flights to tenerife. All i wont to know is when is the agm

Wednesday 15 November to Friday 17 November.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, longmeadow said:

Can somebody please answer my original question. I started this thread as a serious post but all ive heard is talk of hob knobs and the price of flights to tenerife. All i wont to know is when is the agm

A few posters have said third week in November, so I guess that's in the next couple of days.

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

There's no argument.  It just doesn't need to be there.

So you have skillfully avoided the point.

If I said your stance or belief rather than your argument would that make a difference? 

20 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Go on Einstein.  Show us how £80 of petrol to and from Rugby for 3 days is cheaper than a £31 flight to Tenerife.   :icon_smile_clown:

10 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

That deflection twaddle would be a "No" then to my question.    You couldn't get all the promoters from all over the country to drive to Rugby for less than the cost of a £31 flight to Tenerife.

Think you're talking a little twaddle yourself, £31 to tenerife? Maybe from a southern airport if you book pretty far in advance.

This is what draws people into cheap holidays. Flights in 3 months time are £100 from Manchester.

3/4 days parking at Manchester airport alone would be at least £90, then you pay for seat reservations, baggage and £50 round trip in fuel at least. Likely £200 at least before you even get to tenerife.

I'm not bothered where they host it could be on the moon for all I care, but surely it doesn't make an Einstein to work this out?

Surely the topic can be moved on now. It might not be cheap but they can host where they want, but if it stops chilidsh promoters walking out then so be it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Sidney said:

So you have skillfully avoided the point.

If I said your stance or belief rather than your argument would that make a difference? 

It is perfectly simple.  There is imply no need for it to be in Tenerife.

Just now, GS550 said:

It is perfectly simple.  There is imply no need for it to be in Tenerife.

So let me ask you again.

Do you believe that no British company should hold its AGM abroad, or just BSPL? 

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Think you're talking a little twaddle yourself, £31 to tenerife? Maybe from a southern airport if you book pretty far in advance.

This is what draws people into cheap holidays. Flights in 3 months time are £100 from Manchester.

3/4 days parking at Manchester airport alone would be at least £90, then you pay for seat reservations, baggage and £50 round trip in fuel at least. Likely £200 at least before you even get to tenerife.

I'm not bothered where they host it could be on the moon for all I care, but surely it doesn't make an Einstein to work this out?

Surely the topic can be moved on now. It might not be cheap but they can host where they want, but if it stops chilidsh promoters walking out then so be it.

I applaud your post.  But as regards "if it stops childish promoters walking out".  Firstly, they may have had a fair point(?).  But the world really has gone mad if it need a meeting at a holiday booze up island to somehow stop some of the promoters from leaving the meeting.

2 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

So let me ask you again.

Do you believe that no British company should hold its AGM abroad, or just BSPL? 

Nothing to do with "British company" holding it's AGM abroad.  Nor do I have any thoughts on any such thing.

9 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Less of the derisive personal insults.  Not clever.

We all know it isn't £31 for a return flight to Tenerife.

There's just no need for it to be in Tenerife.  End of.

OK, it's not £31, but you can currently get flights to Tenerife from Gatwick for a £40 round trip. Hardly breaking the bank.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 21.17.49.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GS550 said:

Nothing to do with "British company" holding it's AGM abroad.  Nor do I have any thoughts on any such thing.

I'm beginning to think, like others, that you are just on a wind up

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

OK, it's not £31, but you can currently get flights to Tenerife from Gatwick for a £40 round trip. Hardly breaking the bank.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 21.17.49.png

I see you picked 2nd December - what was the price for this Week?

And you seriously believe that the total price will be anywhere near £31.  We all know it will be nowhere near that, after all necessary add-ons, luggage, etc, plus airport parking, commute to/from airport, etc.

In any case it's nowt to do with money.  There is simply no need for it to be in Tenerife.

Edited by GS550

1 minute ago, Sir Sidney said:

I'm beginning to think, like others, that you are just on a wind up

Certainly not.  Are you?