British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

You look at how Sheffield have started their team building (J.Holder,Woffinden C Holder) & look likely to add Josh Pickering & Kyle Howarth. 

I really fear that the team Leicester have put together will really struggle to challenge that team. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

You look at how Sheffield have started their team building (J.Holder,Woffinden C Holder) & look likely to add Josh Pickering & Kyle Howarth. 

I really fear that the team Leicester have put together will really struggle to challenge that team. 

I dont know about what team weve put together but i can only guess. Lawson, fricke, becker, masters, douglas kemp?

27 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

In stewart dickson we trust. Since hes taking over leicester have won the title, runners up and would have made play offs if morris hadnt failed a drugs test. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's a couple of great opportunities for you to help shape the public profile of the club and British speedway

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.32397

SUPPORTERS of all seven Sports Insure Premiership clubs are being given the opportunity to have a say in the league’s future – and to get involved in race-night media operations.

As part of a league-wide initiative launched by Premiership CEO Phil Morris, each club will be appointing a Fans’ Voice representative, and a Social Media ambassador.
The Fans’ Voice representative will have the chance to join Zoom meetings hosted by Morris to discuss the status of the league as a whole with their fellow club representatives, and specifically ways in which the race-night experience for supporters can be enhanced.
Meanwhile, the Social Media ambassador is a newly created race-night role which will involve working alongside each club’s existing social media team, as well as that of the BSPL.
The role is primarily designed at content creation and therefore a working knowledge of social media platforms such as TikTok and Facebook/Instagram Reels would be preferable, although training will be given.
This would be a role requiring access to the pits and centre-green during home meetings, and the successful applicant would need to be able to provide content at speed.
If you are interested in either of these positions, you are asked to contact the club in the first instance at lions@leicesterspeedway.com
Potential Fans’ Voice representatives should briefly explain why you feel you would be suitable for the position, and give an example of an idea/change to the sport which you would like to see implemented in the future.
For the Social Media ambassador role, you should provide brief details as to your suitability for the position, including your previous experience with social media.
All applications should be made by 5pm on Friday December 1st.

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Here's a couple of great opportunities for you to help shape the public profile of the club and British speedway

SUPPORTERS of all seven Sports Insure Premiership clubs are being given the opportunity to have a say in the league’s future – and to get involved in race-night media operations.

As part of a league-wide initiative launched by Premiership CEO Phil Morris, each club will be appointing a Fans’ Voice representative, and a Social Media ambassador.
The Fans’ Voice representative will have the chance to join Zoom meetings hosted by Morris to discuss the status of the league as a whole with their fellow club representatives, and specifically ways in which the race-night experience for supporters can be enhanced.
Meanwhile, the Social Media ambassador is a newly created race-night role which will involve working alongside each club’s existing social media team, as well as that of the BSPL.
The role is primarily designed at content creation and therefore a working knowledge of social media platforms such as TikTok and Facebook/Instagram Reels would be preferable, although training will be given.
This would be a role requiring access to the pits and centre-green during home meetings, and the successful applicant would need to be able to provide content at speed.
If you are interested in either of these positions, you are asked to contact the club in the first instance at lions@leicesterspeedway.com
Potential Fans’ Voice representatives should briefly explain why you feel you would be suitable for the position, and give an example of an idea/change to the sport which you would like to see implemented in the future.
For the Social Media ambassador role, you should provide brief details as to your suitability for the position, including your previous experience with social media.

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

That’s great a real positive step, hopefully it will provide something far better than the old what the fans think page on the British speedway site. Just for old times & a laugh here is my favourite…….

From the first race it became obvious that, despite this being a testimonial, the riders meant business. As they jostled for position around the tight bends, every sinew straining to keep control of the sliding back wheels, the crowd roared on their favourite, struggling to be heard over the deep growl of the engines. The blur of sound and colour, as they passed only yards away, was replaced by the one sensation that, for me, made the whole experience real. The exhaust fumes from the methanol fuel forced their way up my nostrils and left an overpowering but not unpleasant lingering smell reminiscent of cooking oil. It was at this point that I felt a connection with my fellow spectators, as if I had just experienced some rite of passage, which no amount of armchair viewing could bestow upon 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Are these paid roles or are they expecting people to volunteer?

7 minutes ago, therefused said:

Are these paid roles or are they expecting people to volunteer?

The are volunteer as most roles in speedway are.

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

The are volunteer as most roles in speedway are.

bit of a pisstake if you ask me  but whatever

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, therefused said:

bit of a pisstake if you ask me  but whatever

I was hoping there would be some payment. Was hoping travel or a phone paid for . I've applied anyways just to see what else it involves.

20 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

I was going to say that this is not a Leicester only initiative. As such, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't anything about it on the British Speedway website. I guessed that the same article, with appropriate changes to the email address etc., would be on every club website. On looking around the various sites (not all of them, I admit) this appeared to be the case. I did note, however, that the Oxford version does not include the social media position.

58 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I was going to say that this is not a Leicester only initiative. As such, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't anything about it on the British Speedway website. I guessed that the same article, with appropriate changes to the email address etc., would be on every club website. On looking around the various sites (not all of them, I admit) this appeared to be the case. I did note, however, that the Oxford version does not include the social media position.

,,,,,and its only Premiership clubs.

18 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

That’s great a real positive step, hopefully it will provide something far better than the old what the fans think page on the British speedway site. Just for old times & a laugh here is my favourite…….

From the first race it became obvious that, despite this being a testimonial, the riders meant business. As they jostled for position around the tight bends, every sinew straining to keep control of the sliding back wheels, the crowd roared on their favourite, struggling to be heard over the deep growl of the engines. The blur of sound and colour, as they passed only yards away, was replaced by the one sensation that, for me, made the whole experience real. The exhaust fumes from the methanol fuel forced their way up my nostrils and left an overpowering but not unpleasant lingering smell reminiscent of cooking oil. It was at this point that I felt a connection with my fellow spectators, as if I had just experienced some rite of passage, which no amount of armchair viewing could bestow upon 

Small boys in the park?

Jumpers down for goalposts? 

Isn't it?

Wasn't it?

Hmmm?

Home for beans on toast for tea? 

(Don''t quote me on that).

Marvellous...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I was hoping there would be some payment. Was hoping travel or a phone paid for . I've applied anyways just to see what else it involves.

People who run club's social media are unpaid so no reason for someone else to receive payment

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bears4 said:

People who run club's social media are unpaid so no reason for someone else to receive payment

That's not a reason to not pay someone. I get it as there's volunteers and it's a great gesture, but time and effort costs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

That's not a reason to not pay someone. I get it as there's volunteers and it's a great gesture, but time and effort costs. 

i wish i could like this but I cannot. running social media/marketing isn't just a hobby, there should be money involved in my opinion

• Like 1