British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

,,,,,and its only Premiership clubs.

Oh dear what a shame  we have some great potential candidates,perhaps that's what the bspl was afraid of haha 

I may have applied... but I'm still blocked on Leicester's Twitter X, maybe I should... it could be the only way to get me unblocked :D

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2023 at 3:37 PM, W9 Lion said:

Here's a couple of great opportunities for you to help shape the public profile of the club and British speedway

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.32397

SUPPORTERS of all seven Sports Insure Premiership clubs are being given the opportunity to have a say in the league’s future – and to get involved in race-night media operations.

As part of a league-wide initiative launched by Premiership CEO Phil Morris, each club will be appointing a Fans’ Voice representative, and a Social Media ambassador.
The Fans’ Voice representative will have the chance to join Zoom meetings hosted by Morris to discuss the status of the league as a whole with their fellow club representatives, and specifically ways in which the race-night experience for supporters can be enhanced.
Meanwhile, the Social Media ambassador is a newly created race-night role which will involve working alongside each club’s existing social media team, as well as that of the BSPL.
The role is primarily designed at content creation and therefore a working knowledge of social media platforms such as TikTok and Facebook/Instagram Reels would be preferable, although training will be given.
This would be a role requiring access to the pits and centre-green during home meetings, and the successful applicant would need to be able to provide content at speed.
If you are interested in either of these positions, you are asked to contact the club in the first instance at lions@leicesterspeedway.com
Potential Fans’ Voice representatives should briefly explain why you feel you would be suitable for the position, and give an example of an idea/change to the sport which you would like to see implemented in the future.
For the Social Media ambassador role, you should provide brief details as to your suitability for the position, including your previous experience with social media.
All applications should be made by 5pm on Friday December 1st.

No doubt each club’s biggest happy clapper will be appointed to these roles. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

I may have applied... but I'm still blocked on Leicester's Twitter X, maybe I should... it could be the only way to get me unblocked :D

I'm amazed I haven't been blocked yet. If your worse than me at complaining then fair play !:rofl:

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

That's not a reason to not pay someone. I get it as there's volunteers and it's a great gesture, but time and effort costs. 

I see your point but in this particular example/sport in this country it’s unlikely to happen much 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Be jobs for the boys 

17 hours ago, Ben91 said:

"We have had our first meeting and it was brilliant. It was great to hear from every tracks' delegates that the sport is superbly led, and that each meeting they attend is truly an amazing event that simply couldn't be improved, and provides incredible value for money"...

"It was noted though that all the delegates clearly felt that more guests were needed to add more credibility to the league, so that is something we can definitely look at improving"..

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Phil Morris, will not be prepared to allow clubs "yes people" to continue for very long as a Voice representative if all they do is say "everything is great at my club" nor will he tolerate folk who see this as a forum to moan, complain about everything being rotten to the core as far as Premiership speedway is concerned. He will be looking to work with representatives who take a balanced view to the current situation and can provide feedback on current topics and potential additional concepts for the near and far future. This is a great idea and should be applauded not shot at. 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Phil Morris, will not be prepared to allow clubs "yes people" to continue for very long as a Voice representative if all they do is say "everything is great at my club" nor will he tolerate folk who see this as a forum to moan, complain about everything being rotten to the core as far as Premiership speedway is concerned. He will be looking to work with representatives who take a balanced view to the current situation and can provide feedback on current topics and potential additional concepts for the near and far future. This is a great idea and should be applauded not shot at. 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Things are bad at the moment, “balanced” opinions reflect that. It isn’t negativity, it’s reality sadly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ben91 said:

The most suitable candidate will get the positions at Leicester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Well said & on that basis which role are you putting your hand up for?

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Well said & on that basis which role are you putting your hand up for?

The Voice representative 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:13 PM, szkocjasid said:

If you look at the averages of the best 7 "riding stars" they are fair aves for reserves imo, so shows the quality is there to continue with the RS system imo. If they all averaged below 3.00, I'd agree the system doesn't work in the Prem.

J.Jenkins (4.21)

D.Kemp (4.04)

L.Flint (4.00)

A.Rowe (3.76)

D.Thompson (3.70)

D.Gilkes (3.67)

C.Bailey (3.57)

Biggest flaw this year was clubs not using the best options, so a couple of riders may have been out of their depth.

Even if there's injuries, still riders like Jack Thomas, Jason Edwards, Henry Atkins & Ashton Boughen waiting in the wings.

Getting off topic now,

So for Leicester, I'd go with Kemp as my RS.

Leicester will first chance to retain Drew Kemp. All BPL teams are allowed to retain their 2023 rider if they and the rider wishes do they not?

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Leicester will first chance to retain Drew Kemp. All BPL teams are allowed to retain their 2023 rider if they and the rider wishes do they not?

Think the club that holds the rider registration has first call. If not offering a place then I believe you are correct

Having said that it is pretty much a free for all whatever the rules - politics and finance override the regs......

• Like 2