British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Some how some way I just don't think that's the case...

Which one? Meaning that isn’t the team, or Dan Thompson isn’t at Ipswich?

39 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Are the Thompson family and Stewart Dickson on friendly terms? Suggestions on here last season that the relationship wasn't good

No idea but neither party can be a chooser. 

Joe Thompson is the best RS available around Leicester and he needs the experience and money.

Dickson needs a RS who can ride Leicester well and have the beating of the oppositions RS at Home most weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

No idea but neither party can be a chooser. 

Joe Thompson is the best RS available around Leicester and he needs the experience and money.

Dickson needs a RS who can ride Leicester well and have the beating of the oppositions RS at Home most weeks.

I believe relations are better now and Mr Cairns is keen that the Thompson family are involved at Leicester as he is a huge promoter of British youth Speedway.

I would agree that Dan or Joe T are probably the best RS round Leicester it was Dan’s away form that was the issue last season but showed that he improved greatly towards the end of the season.

25 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I believe relations are better now and Mr Cairns is keen that the Thompson family are involved at Leicester as he is a huge promoter of British youth Speedway.

I would agree that Dan or Joe T are probably the best RS round Leicester it was Dan’s away form that was the issue last season but showed that he improved greatly towards the end of the season.

Joe Thompson replacing Flint i would imagine against my other predictions some pages back...Suppose we will all know on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Cross Roads said:

Joe Thompson replacing Flint i would imagine against my other predictions some pages back...Suppose we will all know on Sunday.

I really hope not. Joe isn't as much of a racer as Dan. I would rather Boughen over JT TBH. There are better options available.

8 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Are the Thompson family and Stewart Dickson on friendly terms? Suggestions on here last season that the relationship wasn't good

Don't think clubs or riders can afford to hold grudges, not enough riders / teams to go around for either to be

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't think clubs or riders can afford to hold grudges, not enough riders / teams to go around for either to be

Try that out on Chris Holder....

6 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Try that out on Chris Holder....

I think it’s more Chapman than Holder - when Peterborough dropped Holder before a wheel had turned and brought in Pedersen instead - that worked out well - NOT!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Edited by arnieg
Duplicate post

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Dan and Joe were specifically  asked this at the Speedway Show and seemed open to returning

• Like 1

Max Fricke officially back next season

• Like 2

15 hours ago, speedwayfan8 said:

I really hope not. Joe isn't as much of a racer as Dan. I would rather Boughen over JT TBH. There are better options available.

Who do you suggest besides Ashton?