British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

2 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

To be fair to the new owner he's not scared to jobs properly so I can see the track being the best it's been in a long long time 

The better the track, the better the racing, which to be fair has improved since the new era commenced in 2011. The downside to a fair race track is a lesser home advantage. Since it seems that next years teams will be fielding at least one rider of GP level quality, I’m not so sure that the reliance on home form will bag bonus points. The likes of Sheffield and Ipswich will be looking for heat 13 & 15 advantages on their travels.

It's a shame that it looks like Sedgey won't be back. He was possibly the catalyst in our team last season with his partnership with Fricke. Probably not done himself any favors with his increased average, especially in a stronger league. I would have expected to have seen him at Brum next year, but they reckon none of this years team will be back

Edited by iainb

Will be interesting to see how Masters, Becker & Douglas get on this season without the safety of a trick track. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Will be interesting to see how Masters, Becker & Douglas get on this season without the safety of a trick track. 

It's still quite a trick track

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's still quite a trick track

Becker even said in his interview its a technical track

Good side for me, if Wolves can get to the play offs which they did easily then Leicester with Fricke should certainly do that and potentially compete for the final 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Becker even said in his interview its a technical track

He was being polite :D

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

He was being polite :D

Haha but although he did say liked the track. Think he will get plenty of points at leicester.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Good side for me, if Wolves can get to the play offs which they did easily then Leicester with Fricke should certainly do that and potentially compete for the final 

Finally someone said it. It's a better version of Wolves team last year which is spot on

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Douglas was 4th in three averages at Monmore and his away average was far better. So he should score a lot better at leicester now it's super smooth..

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

They all did fine away from Monmore so I fail to see it’s an issue!.

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Douglas was 4th in three averages at Monmore and his away average was far better. So he should score a lot better at leicester now it's super smooth..

Dougy didnt ride M.G very well...So his Ave should go up ...

• Like 1