British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Which of the top 5 riders would you have dropped though? All good signings imo.

Now Mickey Mouse has got further involved, and you can have guests for the top five, it makes sense that the stronger that five the better...

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

Now Mickey Mouse has got further involved, and you can have guests for the top five, it makes sense that the stronger that five the better...

Good point.

It should of course be a guest for your number one only and R/R for the rest, further guests only for reserves (unattached to another Prem team) or a second/third top five member injured.

With all of the teams in the Premiership now declared with the exception of Birmingham, and only 8 weeks prior to tapes up, what's the opinion of supporters on how Leicester's season is likely to go?  For what it's worth, I think that Stewart has put together a very competitive team that will take some beating around Beaumont Park and will be picking up some all important points on the road, providing all 7 remain professional both on and off the track,  and vitally, are also able to be injury free. I can see us making the play offs and giving it a good go when we get there.  Interested to get everyone's thoughts and opinions.

17 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

With all of the teams in the Premiership now declared with the exception of Birmingham, and only 8 weeks prior to tapes up, what's the opinion of supporters on how Leicester's season is likely to go?  For what it's worth, I think that Stewart has put together a very competitive team that will take some beating around Beaumont Park and will be picking up some all important points on the road, providing all 7 remain professional both on and off the track,  and vitally, are also able to be injury free. I can see us making the play offs and giving it a good go when we get there.  Interested to get everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Looks a solid side with a decent  number  one ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Agree that the team (top five anyway) looks pretty solid. Rather than pick up points on the road though, I think they will be more reliant on aggregate bonus points. When meetings are tight, we will struggle to provide back up for Fricke in heats 13 & 15. This is where the likes of Ipswich, Sheffield & Belle Vue will have the greater fire power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Agree that the team (top five anyway) looks pretty solid. Rather than pick up points on the road though, I think they will be more reliant on aggregate bonus points. When meetings are tight, we will struggle to provide back up for Fricke in heats 13 & 15. This is where the likes of Ipswich, Sheffield & Belle Vue will have the greater fire power.

Very true ...Dougy or Masters wont match those sides ..1 to 5 is very solid ..

• Like 1

Signing Douglas is possibly the stand out signing in my opinion for Leicester. Fricke not having a place in GP does that benefit Leicester as he may decide to go for it in order to get his place back? Not sold on kemp. However what will happen is stability unlike last season. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Signing Douglas is possibly the stand out signing in my opinion for Leicester. Fricke not having a place in GP does that benefit Leicester as he may decide to go for it in order to get his place back? Not sold on kemp. However what will happen is stability unlike last season. 

Solid 1 to 5 ...Kemp  can be as good  as he wants to be but should  be doing better...

Should make the play offs. I dont think there will be many away wins in the League, except when the top teams go to Birmingham. Therefore it comes down to bonus points and our solid team are well equiped to pick up the bonus point over home and away legs. Once in the playoffs I think we will give a good account of ourselves.

No pressure, but if Drew Kemp can step things up, Leicester will be strong contenders. I think that Becker could turn out to be the signing that gives the top 5 another genuine heats 13&15 performer. Hope I am proved wrong, but Masters might be beyond his best years now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

No pressure, but if Drew Kemp can step things up, Leicester will be strong contenders. I think that Becker could turn out to be the signing that gives the top 5 another genuine heats 13&15 performer. Hope I am proved wrong, but Masters might be beyond his best years now.

True...Masters is a 3 or 4 in team these day ...Luke should  improve ...Kemp is a talent .just needs to prove it ...

Leicester should make the play-offs because something would have to go drastically wrong for them to lose at Home.

A lot to like about the Lions 24 septet with improvements made across the board.

Leicester's basically got 5 Heat Leaders from the 2023 season plus one of the stronger No.6's in the league to go with a RS.

54 minutes ago, TTT said:

Leicester should make the play-offs because something would have to go drastically wrong for them to lose at Home.

A lot to like about the Lions 24 septet with improvements made across the board.

Leicester's basically got 5 Heat Leaders from the 2023 season plus one of the stronger No.6's in the league to go with a RS.

I'd put Kemp in the bottom half of the number 6s, but that shouldn't be an issue as the teams strength is their top 5.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I don't think that's in doubt, but Masters was asked to be a number one for Wolves, at Leicester as a 3rd heat leader, sounds a very good signing.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think that's in doubt, but Masters was asked to be a number one for Wolves, at Leicester as a 3rd heat leader, sounds a very good signing.

Certainly does