British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

17 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Where does it say I've said anything against you ?

Let me help you out here

NOWHERE

16 hours ago when you posted "If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much"

9 minutes ago, Aries said:

Disagree with you entirely here. 

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans”

If you’re going to spout this sh!t about someone on a public forum then the right of reply on the same forum is fair game. 

He's not posted any 5h1t though, just said he's not a fan. I don't think you should be bringing personal quotes from private conversations/ correspondence into the public arena

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Edited by davieb1

I'm pretty sure this is bloke who was spouting off on Facebook regarding becoming a steward and didn't receive a response from the club (Jen). Its all on Facebook I think or was. 

In other more important news the Lions riding order has been revealed .

Clearly Stewart thinks I am a genius and puts Douglas at 5 like I said he should!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

I'm pretty sure this is bloke who was spouting off on Facebook regarding becoming a steward and didn't receive a response from the club (Jen). Its all on Facebook I think or was. 

In other more important news the Lions riding order has been revealed .

Clearly Stewart thinks I am a genius and puts Douglas at 5 like I said he should!

I'm not on FB so didn't know.

Looking forward to seeing the new race suits, hope they're an  improvement on recent previous seasons. 

• Like 1

No idea they were even changing them so dont have a clue what they will look like! 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Edited by davieb1

25 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

That's correct but nowhere was I given a chance to prove my in a job I've for 9 years previous 

I know I could do the job but as I was being honest in a PRIVATE MESSAGE Which she has now brought out into the public domain maybe I should spout off too just like she has 

In the words of the song, "Let it Go".  If you can't, please keep it off this public forum because it is between you and them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Edited by davieb1

Phew, that was lucky !!!

Just came on the forum and nearly tripped over a load of toys being thrown out of a pram, there :blink:

Could have been nasty

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Well, I don't think you should be bringing private quotes into the public domain... unless I've missed these quotes being made in the public arena

Yeah exactly. If it is a private letter should stay that way imo. If I wrote a letter to anyone I wouldn't expect to find it quoted on a forum without my permission. Same with PMs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieb1 said:

Sorry I promised her I wouldn't spill the beans and I'm a man of my word

so you will just make others guess potentially worse by a 'I know something you dont know and Im not telling you' post?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Lioness said:

so you will just make others guess potentially worse by a 'I know something you dont know and Im not telling you' post?

Precisely. It’s not as if this person who has had this accusation thrown against her name is anonymous, she’s been named! So that poster has then left people to speculate why she’s not a nice person. And then you get some on here with the audacity to question a right of reply on here and told it should have been kept off the forum! What about the original spiteful guff from “davieb1”? That’s ok, but dare to reply and that’s out of order and should have been a PM? Unbelievable. 

W9 Lion clearly knows why this poster is disgruntled, and has every right to put the record straight on this forum after the initial remark was also made on this public forum. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Aries said:

Precisely. It’s not as if this person who has had this accusation thrown against her name is anonymous, she’s been named! So that poster has then left people to speculate why she’s not a nice person. And then you get some on here with the audacity to question a right of reply on here and told it should have been kept off the forum! What about the original spiteful guff from “davieb1”? That’s ok, but dare to reply and that’s out of order and should have been a PM? Unbelievable. 

W9 Lion clearly knows why this poster is disgruntled, and has every right to put the record straight on this forum after the initial remark was also made on this public forum. 

Reply by all means but I don't think you should be quoting people if they've said something in a private environment and publicising their personal medical conditions, if they've said it on FB or some other public forum, fair enough it's fair game. @W9 Lion clearly holds a position at the club, it would probably have been wiser for the club to have made an official statement if they wanted to address this situation rather than airing their dirty tittle tattle in public

Edited by iainb

Posted (edited)

I dont know...

Some people on here, as usual, being quick to put the proverbial boot in..

Have any of you risked your lives stewarding for our entertainment?

Thought not...

And. If they don't have a good night stewarding they don't get a free brew and a burger...

Or something like that...

What is the Lions' Stewards Line Up this season? 

Not seen it anywhere...

No wonder this sport is dying on its arse,....

They should bring back black leathers and monkey masks...

And boiler suits and sawdust, etc etc etc, dribble, dribble...

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2