British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Torquay United Football Club.

20 hours ago, iainb said:

Makes you wonder why these so called journalists aren't even mentioning the shenanigans going on at Swindon!

The so called journalists at Swindon dont mention his shenanigans at Swindon

• Haha 1

Don't see what the problem is. After all, to quote the article:

"Gulls owner Clarke Osborne says he can give a ‘cast iron guarantee’ that the club won’t leave the ground unless there is a ready-to-go new stadium to move into."

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Don't see what the problem is. After all, to quote the article:

"Gulls owner Clarke Osborne says he can give a ‘cast iron guarantee’ that the club won’t leave the ground unless there is a ready-to-go new stadium to move into."

I assume you believe what he is saying then?

2 hours ago, Deano said:

I assume you believe what he is saying then?

Er... no.

• Like 1

Only people who believe Clarke Osborne are local councillors and MPs. They ALWAYS believe him.

On 1/2/2024 at 6:20 PM, skydog said:

Only people who believe Clarke Osborne are local councillors and MPs. They ALWAYS believe him.

I don't think they believe him . its always in there best intrests to go with him . £££££££

I wonder if his decision to put the club into administration was helped by the Football league making it much harder to sell a club's stadium to it's owner?

Edited by ElmParkRG2
missed out a bit

Clarke Osbourne & Gaming International should be made to pay their debts. Most known criminals get locked up!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 10:06 PM, NorwichTownFan said:

I've just commented on the Torquay United page about our friend Mr Osborne and our Speedway tracks to highlight to there fans what he's like. 

Believe me they know!

On 2/23/2024 at 1:39 PM, Ghosty said:

Clarke Osbourne & Gaming International should be made to pay their debts. Most known criminals get locked up!

Osbourne and gaming international are doing nothing wrong, they are not breaking any laws, they are business men out to make money at the expense of speedway, they are morally bankrupt but the world doesn’t turn on moral’s unfortunately, it’s up to the government of the day to make laws to stop sports stadiums being used by the likes of Osbourne but they are more morally corrupt than GI, if speedway was making money for Osbourne he would be happy for Swindon etc to continue 

Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2024 at 2:52 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Osbourne and gaming international are doing nothing wrong, they are not breaking any laws, they are business men out to make money at the expense of speedway, they are morally bankrupt but the world doesn’t turn on moral’s unfortunately, it’s up to the government of the day to make laws to stop sports stadiums being used by the likes of Osbourne but they are more morally corrupt than GI, if speedway was making money for Osbourne he would be happy for Swindon etc to continue 

I think you need to see the 'completed stadium' and planning conditions at Swindon before spouting such rubbish.

Edited by frigbo

1 hour ago, frigbo said:

I think you need to see the 'completed stadium' and planning conditions at Swindon before spouting such rubbish.

Osbourne has not broken the law, the planning conditions mean diddly squat when you are experienced in getting round them of which Osbourne is, hence that’s why he has carried on with Swindon regardless completely ignoring and planning conditions,councillors say one thing and do another, I have seen this twice in the last 2 months where a councillor has said one thing in a meeting and in the presss and then done exactly the opposite behind the everyone’s back, Swindon’s problem is the council not Osbourne, they have the power, do they use that power ? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Osbourne has not broken the law, the planning conditions mean diddly squat when you are experienced in getting round them of which Osbourne is, hence that’s why he has carried on with Swindon regardless completely ignoring and planning conditions,councillors say one thing and do another, I have seen this twice in the last 2 months where a councillor has said one thing in a meeting and in the presss and then done exactly the opposite behind the everyone’s back, Swindon’s problem is the council not Osbourne, they have the power, do they use that power ? 

I will just mention "The Crooked House" much more on our patch Deanno, the Council have this week used there powers and ordered it to be rebuilt, I suspect the owners will be very reluctant to do that so it will be interesting to see where that goes, but yes Swindon Council do have the power to order GI to do various thing's what they don't have is the power to order GI to allow Speedway at the Stadium, which is what most of us want to see, and the same goes for Brandon Stadium.

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1