British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

His 2022 average was 7.20. So i would expect him to come in on that. 

Thank you for that . Oh ok so not too bad for team building good 3rd heat leader .. 

34 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1 we are finished before we even start . This has the LR stamp all over it .  Stefan Neilson will no doubt be our number 6 .

I have no problem with Zagar been in the team . What average would he come in on ? surely he is no where near his last average ability ? Which means we would be chucking a couple of points away straight off .

We made that mistake with Morris last season!

35 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1 we are finished before we even start . This has the LR stamp all over it .  Stefan Neilson will no doubt be our number 6 .

I have no problem with Zagar been in the team . What average would he come in on ? surely he is no where near his last average ability ? Which means we would be chucking a couple of points away straight off .

The only Bham rider from last season that might get a team place (and I hope not....) is Sedgemen!?

He was ueseless at Home!

41 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

LR will not be team manager and from what I've been told he not got to much input on next year's team. 

1 hour ago, SSL84 said:

LR will not be team manager and from what I've been told he not got to much input on next year's team. 

That's good to hear....I can understand why B'ham arent announcing anything yet, as it keeps 'us' talking/guessing/MOANING! LOL

You all slate Zagar. Like aces fans did when we first signed him. But he’s loved by every aces fan now. 

hopefully it won’t be any different at Birmingham 

24 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

You all slate Zagar. Like aces fans did when we first signed him. But he’s loved by every aces fan now. 

Because he flies around BV not the same on away tracks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If the MainSpeedwayManFan is truly in charge of team acquisition them don't rule out an attempt to coax James Shanes out of retirement to become our "rising star" :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

If the MainSpeedwayManFan is truly in charge of team acquisition them don't rule out an attempt to coax James Shanes out of retirement to become our "rising star" :rolleyes:

That's preposterous, he clearly wouldn't fit at reserve alongside Kyle Legault.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 9:44 AM, the hobbit said:

so, just who do you think i is carrying out the current rider negotiations, if it id not Rogers ? Apparent we have several riders already signed. . Hope they aren’t Rigers signings. We sacked him last year bec he was incompetent and the fans and owners had had enough of him. 
he attended the AGM , still got his hands on matters he should be no where near.

If Rogers picks the team, and God forbid, is named as team manager then I will not be attend next season, after being a fan since the ‘70’s !!!! 

I agree, the first announcement should have been the new team manager snd, it should have been announced ages ago. For all the good this promotion  have done, they still seem to be making the same rookie mistakes, the biggest being their dismal communication with the fans. I’ve read in the Brummies forum that apparently, Nigel has said the first two signings will be announced at the Xmas party on December the 8th. After NOTHING being announced on the club website for an eternity, keeping the fans in the dark, how stupid is it to keep the signings back so long snd keep all the fans in the dark? They should be banging out as much news snd social media stuff as possible , not treating the fans like mushrooms!!! 

We desperately need a damn good team this year to attract the fans back snd  we never have had snd, never will have anything other than a CRAP team when Rogers  has picked it. Sadly, unless the promotion announce otherwise, it seems we are in for more of the same. Nigel Tolley continually promised us teams capable of challenging for honours but it seems his view of a great team, is very naive!!! Time to get someone in that CAN  and DOES  know how to put together a good team.

sadly, it seems we are in for more I the same naive management snd I fear, more hot air snd empty promises. Nigel meds to walk the walk snd that starts its communication, appointing a proper team manager, and minimising Roges’ involvement 

sadly, I think I am living in dream land , am in cuckoo land. I hope Nigel proves me wrong but, I doubt it 

When you think the most experienced Promoter in British Speedway is not involved for the first time for something like 40 years, He has and can again put together a successful and on a budget team, and he is speedway through and through, He lives 20 minutes from Perry Bar, Nigel PLEASE give CVS a call 

13 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

That's preposterous, he clearly wouldn't fit at reserve alongside Kyle Legault.

Kyle Legault? Theres a name i havent heard in a while! one of my fave riders as a Sheffield fan from down the years

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Would you love him if Bewley and Kurtz left and he was announced as your new no 1?

On 11/23/2023 at 1:06 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1

Two big variables in that statement. Firstly, the word "If" and secondly number "1"

Say Zagar was intended to be a #2 or #3? There's another thread where someone has posted a fantasy Brummies team that has the Pawlicki brothers in the Brummies team, and Piotr would certainly be above Zagar in those rankings. Another fantasy team lists Artem Laguta as the Brummies #1. 

I won't worry about Zagar being in the team until I see the whole team and what his part is in it. Until then, chill! 

• Like 1