British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

I'm not a Brummie fan, but my observation over the years has been give the fans a winning team and they will come and watch, but the opposite also applies in that they won't pay good money to watch the team get turned over week after week. The mistake Nigel may be making again is under estimating the role of a manager (Laurence is not the man) he should already have appointed a Team manager who could then have built his own Team, asking a manager to manage another persons team is not easy, yes we know it's not going to be Laurence as TM but Nigel should have made the appointment by now.

I echo your post!

I said this a couple of weeks ago! :t:

15 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

You been a Brummy fan .Do u think there is enough  interest  in the area to make it pay at this level ???.Costs are high in the prem ..

No, not in the area!

But, if we assemble a competitive side and see some good racing, then I'm confident that a fair few that's been lost to the sport, may return on a regular basis.

One would also like to think that a fair few 'neutrals' might consider attending.....(obviously, with a big hint towards Wolves/Cradley fans ..)

I think the 'neutral' Cov fans lean towards Leicester....may be?

I think we will average around 600/700 per meeting depending on the opposition?!

Just my personal thoughts of-course!?

I would imagine a few Wolves fans will go to Perry Barr for their Speedway fix in 2024.  You also have Leicester, Sheffield, Belle Vue in the same league.. which are also an awful lot closer than Oxford which was the Brummies local derby in 2023.  More chance of a few visiting fans, but the key will be getting a decent race track & competitive team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I'm not a Brummie fan, but my observation over the years has been give the fans a winning team and they will come and watch, but the opposite also applies in that they won't pay good money to watch the team get turned over week after week. The mistake Nigel may be making again is under estimating the role of a manager (Laurence is not the man) he should already have appointed a Team manager who could then have built his own Team, asking a manager to manage another persons team is not easy, yes we know it's not going to be Laurence as TM but Nigel should have made the appointment by now.

Do you really believe the club have signed riders before a team manager. ( tomorrow night 8.30). When announced I'm sure he will be in the loop .

55 minutes ago, Col said:

I would imagine a few Wolves fans will go to Perry Barr for their Speedway fix in 2024.  You also have Leicester, Sheffield, Belle Vue in the same league.. which are also an awful lot closer than Oxford which was the Brummies local derby in 2023.  More chance of a few visiting fans, but the key will be getting a decent race track & competitive team.

Sheffield and Belle Vue are an awful lot closer to Perry Barr than Oxford?

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

No, not in the area!

But, if we assemble a competitive side and see some good racing, then I'm confident that a fair few that's been lost to the sport, may return on a regular basis.

One would also like to think that a fair few 'neutrals' might consider attending.....(obviously, with a big hint towards Wolves/Cradley fans ..)

I think the 'neutral' Cov fans lean towards Leicester....may be?

I think we will average around 600/700 per meeting depending on the opposition?!

Just my personal thoughts of-course!?

if thats your average your owner must have zillions to set fire too

1 hour ago, Col said:

You sure about that ?? Leicester maybe 25 miles closer but the others are as far if not further ...

56 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think he means 'further' ? LOL

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

if thats your average your owner must have zillions to set fire too

Well, I think we only had approx 400/500 max last season?

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Think you need to check that one out.All very similar but Oxford is the furthest away.

2 hours ago, Col said:

I wonder if the Alan Graham Memorial Trophy 2024 will be a 3-Team-Tournament with nominal Cradley and Wolves teams in it? Or a 4TT with a notional Coventry team included?

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you need to check that one out.All very similar but Oxford is the furthest away.

No its not .... not that it matters :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you need to check that because Oxford speedway is closer than both belle Vue and Sheffield #thinkyoubettercheckitout 

Lawson announced at Leicester...leaving just enough room for Becker/Douglas (as expected...) :D

Edited by GiveusaB