British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

11 minutes ago, Argos said:

Well we have to agree to disagree 

Why ..your wrong.? Paul worked for the club and you can watch the final with Sam in the pits with the Reading Riders.

2 hours ago, The H Man said:

Yep Jim was TM - Sam was responsible for working with riders on the tech side. 

He was indeed

Lets see who Sam can persuade to ride for Bham?

Anything less than Lindgren will be worrying!

Who is actually selecting the Team for the coming Season? If it’s Nigel and Rogers there track record isn’t great, I really hope they get it right this time I would think one more season like the last two would be the end, With the contracts Sam has maybe hand over team selection to him.

On 12/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, RogerM22 said:

It's awfully sad that Wolves have closed, but let's not rewrite history, it was a poor racing track. 

"Raved about on Sky" - Nigel Pearson would've raved about speedway in someone's back garden, it was his job. "Hosted British Finals" - so did Kirkmanshulme Lane, it was still a crap track.

God knows how crowd size comes into the track argument, I suppose you had nothing else.

Wolves was one of the best prepared and skilled racing tracks. More fans enjoyed the racing at Monmore than Brum. 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, phillipsr said:

Ones still open and one isnt…. 

dont be bitter about it and Birmingham is 10x the track Wolves was 

Bitter? Not at all but Brum SHOULD be one the better tracks with its shape but rides pretty awfully.

Track prep has been an issue for years although I hear it’s got better. It will be bitterly exposed on TV if not in 2024.

Looks like the quality of the opposition might attract floating fans rather than that of the Brummies 7, if some of the predictions are to be believed. 

8 minutes ago, OGT said:

Looks like the quality of the opposition might attract floating fans rather than that of the Brummies 7, if some of the predictions are to be believed. 

Need 2 big guns at 1 and 5 ..to make the difference.. To challenge  Ipswich and Sheffield..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Dudek

2. Brennan

3. Zagar

4. Worrall 

5. Thorsell

6. Z. Cook

7. Flint 

I would imagine R.Schlein will be in there ...as will Z.Cook ...That leaves 1 and 5 ...

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

1. Dudek

2. Brennan

3. Zagar

4. Worrall 

5. Thorsell

6. Z. Cook

7. Flint 

For the umpteenth time Dudek carnt ride in this country as already in 3 leagues. 

Apart from commentary, has Sam been involved in speedway to the extent that he would be a good choice for a manager? If his last job was nearly 20yrs years ago at Reading, it seems a really odd choice to me 

Great Leicester side...

Bham have signed 3 riders that no one else wants..

Smells like Rogers for the 3rd season running!

Will Tolley ever learn?

• Sad 1