British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

25 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

But, as there has been a mass clear out at PB, the majority of home riders won’t have ridden there in the last two years either. 

I think you will find the 3 signed riders plus the two suggested, Schlein and Cook, have all ridden in the Championship at Perry Barr over the last 2 years. That makes a majority in my eyes

Every rider signed so far has good experience of perry bast.  Flint is an ex brummie and has guested serveral times.  Brennan has guests more time than I can remember and Worral has plenty of experience including guesting. 

2 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Just a slight input in to this massive conversation,

at least 20 of the riders of the other teams have

not rode PB in the last 2 years  or never rode PB

at all ! ,

i think that makes a bit of of an advantage to the 

home side. 

Just need a couple of European riders that like

a small track,  simple.   Come On You Brummies....  

Emil's first ever ride at Leicester.......race win with a new track record time

I appreciate he is probably an exception that proves the rule

1 hour ago, BrumFan said:

I think you will find the 3 signed riders plus the two suggested, Schlein and Cook, have all ridden in the Championship at Perry Barr over the last 2 years. That makes a majority in my eyes

And, by your calculation, 22 out of 42 visiting riders, also a majority, have also ridden there. 
I really hope Birmingham manage to put together a successful team for everyone’s sake, but I rather doubt home track knowledge alone will be enough to see off the likes of Janowski, Sayfutdinov, Musielak or any other of the top PL riders 

Z. Cook confirmed. 

Still no HL in this side yet with Schlein and Lampart heavily linked.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

Z. Cook confirmed. 

Still no HL in this side yet with Schlein and Lampart heavily linked.

I do think Schlein will be next. Then zagar and then to finish off will be Robert lambert at one. 

30 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

And, by your calculation, 22 out of 42 visiting riders, also a majority, have also ridden there. 
I really hope Birmingham manage to put together a successful team for everyone’s sake, but I rather doubt home track knowledge alone will be enough to see off the likes of Janowski, Sayfutdinov, Musielak or any other of the top PL riders 

Sorry, I'm not sad enough to go through all the teams to see whose ridden at Perry Barr recently. Your original post was factually incorrect and pointless.

11 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

I do think Schlein will be next. Then zagar and then to finish off will be Robert lambert at one. 

Lambert has already confirmed he won't be doing Britain until 2025.

I agree that Schlein will be next then it'll probably be Zagar.

Piotr Pawlicki at No.1 imo.

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

Lambert has already confirmed he won't be doing Britain until 2025.

I agree that Schlein will be next then it'll probably be Zagar.

Piotr Pawlicki at No.1 imo.

If that's the case then I fear for them. Not bad riders just the balance is all wrong

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

If that's the case then I fear for them. Not bad riders just the balance is all wrong

I don't think they wanted to be in the Prem tbh, Not sure they've got the money for big names because so far it's screaming British based budget side compared to everyone else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

I don't think they wanted to be in the Prem tbh, Not sure they've got the money for big names because so far it's screaming British based budget side compared to everyone else.

I agree, they were always behind everyone else in terms team building. I'm sure most riders are snapped up towards the end of the season and Birmingham couldn't do any of that tapping up. They are just left with the rest that are avaliable. Although I'm pretty sure Tolley would have pretty much contacted every grand prix rider. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I agree, they were always behind everyone else in terms team building. I'm sure most riders are snapped up towards the end of the season and Birmingham couldn't do any of that tapping up. They are just left with the rest that are avaliable. Although I'm pretty sure Tolley would have pretty much contacted every grand prix rider. 

I hope they get a big name or two.

It's painful when fans have to watch their club get battered every week (I know from recent experience lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrumFan said:

Sorry, I'm not sad enough to go through all the teams to see whose ridden at Perry Barr recently. Your original post was factually incorrect and pointless.

No need to be rude. I was merely suggesting that lack of track knowledge wouldn’t protect Birmingham - the Brummies need world class riders if their fans aren’t going to be subjected to poor performances at home. In my opinion. 
My first post was actually the opposite of what you say but, hey ho, there we go. 

The signing of Zach Cook has been announced.

Hands up if you are surprised. Keep your hands up if you think there's "wow factor" with that signing,

1 minute ago, uk_martin said:

The signing of Zach Cook has been announced.

Hands up if you are surprised. Keep your hands up if you think there's "wow factor" with that signing,

I was impressed with him last season and has bags of potential to improve further. 

Decent signing for me as are Brennan and Flint while Worrall will do OK.

The problems are above them hence why Brum have announced the bottom end of the team first