British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

41 minutes ago, noaksey said:

You've got 4 of the top 5 in the GP in that list, the chances of them wanting to ride here/fancying Birmingham and Brum being able to afford them if they did must be virtually nil. Definitely worth asking though 

That leaves Laguta Dudek Michelsen or Thomson and Pawlicki 

The BL has a lot to offer, a half decent pay packet and virtually zero pressure, that's why I believe a lot of riders have returned, it seems to be more "fun" over here, which is what most got into the sport for in the first place. 

Fortunately DSE are doing their level best to destroy the GP series and that can only be a good thing for league Speedway in the UK. Magic has returned for next season and I fully expect him to excel in a pressure free environment. 

The TV money that clubs get in the top league, I am led to believe, should go a long long way to covering the expense of a Number 1, Birmingham may be using that money to subsidise their (possibly) suicidal move back into the top league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

The BL has a lot to offer, a half decent pay packet and virtually zero pressure, that's why I believe a lot of riders have returned, it seems to be more "fun" over here, which is what most got into the sport for in the first place. 

Fortunately DSE are doing their level best to destroy the GP series and that can only be a good thing for league Speedway in the UK. Magic has returned for next season and I fully expect him to excel in a pressure free environment. 

The TV money that clubs get in the top league, I am led to believe, should go a long long way to covering the expense of a Number 1, Birmingham may be using that money to subsidise their (possibly) suicidal move back into the top league. 

Freddie  and P.Pawlicki would make a decent  team ...Need Z.Cook at number 6..

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Freddie  and P.Pawlicki would make a decent  team ...Need Z.Cook at number 6..

I heard previously that Freddie turned them down, so if that still stand's then it has to be Laguta and Pawlicki Jnr which them leaves Schlein or Lampart if its Schlein then Cook starts the season at reserve, if its Lampart then he will start the season at reserve. If Brum have not signed a genuine No1 with a good back up second Heat leader then they are wasting there time and money being in the PL.

8 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I heard previously that Freddie turned them down, so if that still stand's then it has to be Laguta and Pawlicki Jnr which them leaves Schlein or Lampart if its Schlein then Cook starts the season at reserve, if its Lampart then he will start the season at reserve. If Brum have not signed a genuine No1 with a good back up second Heat leader then they are wasting there time and money being in the PL.

Cook would  make a good  reserve ..but they need a good No 1 and 5 to stand any chance ..Lets see what they end up with before we start moaning...

11 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I've seen a couple of people mention that Freddie has said no, one of them I know is well connected to someone in the sport so it might be true 

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

I've seen a couple of people mention that Freddie has said no, one of them I know is well connected to someone in the sport so it might be true 

Yeah someone connected said it was'nt Freddie that said no, it was someone else that did'nt want him to ride in the Uk.

Ha ha... all these rumours are a load of bollo# ! Lol

Guess...guess...guess... !!!

Lets just wait and see... the club know what they need and are obviously  working on it...

On 12/11/2023 at 1:34 PM, Ghosty said:

Wasn't Sam the team manager of the Reading Bulldogs? If so he will have some experence as a team manager, but I doubt that  his services will come cheap!

No he wasn’t, he was technical advisor. 
Jim Lynch was the team manager.

Just to add to the chinese whispers :D Covatti signs for plymouth and  wouldnt mind a place in the prem, only one team not complete?, good friends with Phil Morris and Morris has a good relationship with Brum. Conjecture and rumour keeps this thread going:D

16 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ha ha... all these rumours are a load of bollo# ! Lol

Guess...guess...guess... !!!

Lets just wait and see... the club know what they need and are obviously  working on it...

As we someone else said earlier in the topic, one rider to be announced on Wednesday gone which it was Zach Cook, another will be announced next Wednesday which will probably be Rory Schlein, It's the Club itself creating this guessing game by delaying these announcements, What we all want to know and where the guessing comes in is who will be the No1 and second heat leader these two riders will basically make or break Birmingham's season, plenty of choices out there but getting them to sign is a different kettle of fish, I personally think the No1 has to be a top GP rider, and the 2nd Heat leader has to be a rider that can bang in double figures at home week in week out as a minimum.

Why would Shamek Pawlicki be such a bad signing and Tobi Musielak is considered a fabulous signing for kings Lynn .

Pawlicki average 2.412 in Polish liga 2 (20 matches )

Musielak average 1.944 in Polish Liga 2 (18 matches )

Maybe there is more to it than I know . But just looking at the bare stats Shamek had a really good season last year ...

39 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Why would Shamek Pawlicki be such a bad signing and Tobi Musielak is considered a fabulous signing for kings Lynn .

Maybe there is more to it than I know . But just looking at the bare stats Shamek had a really good season last year ...

S.Pawlicki isnt good enough to be 1or 5.Poland is different to riding here...

43 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Musielak has a proven 8 plus ave in England ...

• Like 1