British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

On 12/23/2023 at 1:00 PM, uk_martin said:

The whole point of this "non-message" was to highlight that the Bracebridge Engineering and Kalsi Kitchens options were open to the fans. Which is not to say that they weren't "unofficially" open to the fans before, as many had been parking there anyway for many years already. Another of Laurence Rogers's "smoke and mirrors" efforts to make out that the fans were getting something out of some kind of new sponsorship deal...

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I guess Brummies' website is to blame for the ‘fake news’. You only believe what you read...

I refer to my previous post. If only people believed what they read on the signs at the One Stop car park which specifically state that 4 hours parking is allowed and that restrictions end at 8pm, people would be better off. And as for who checks the purpose of the cars parked there, the answer is nobody. Plenty is the time that I've parked my car there to go to the park behind the One Stop to take photos or to fly my drone, without any consequence.

30 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

but bear in mind the shopping centre closes at 8pm on Mondays so anyone parked there will be taking a big gamble.

That's good to know, thanks :t:

There are burger joints on the site though isn't there? So surely the barriers won't be down

Edited by iainb

Taken from the One Stop Shopping Centre Perry Barr regarding Parking in the centre Car Park.

We have 1,220 car parking spaces, free for One Stop customers, maximum stay of four consecutive hours. No return within two hours. Please see a member of staff if you think you’ll be longer.

If you would like to appeal a PCN directly, click here: https://parkwatchappeals.iview.co.uk

Please note the signs throughout the car park along with the following restrictions:

• One Stop Shopping Centre car park is for visitors to the shopping centre only.
  • There is a maximum stay of four consecutive hours.
  • Please park in the marked bays only.
  • Disabled spaces are provided for blue badge holders.
  • Please do not park on footpaths, roadways or double yellow lines.
  • No waiting or stopping is permitted along the red route.
  • Failure to meet these regulations may result in a Parking Charge Notice.

One Stop Shopping Centre car park is private property and is managed by Park Watch on behalf of the owners.

45 minutes ago, spin king said:

Taken from the One Stop Shopping Centre Perry Barr regarding Parking in the centre Car Park.

We have 1,220 car parking spaces, free for One Stop customers, maximum stay of four consecutive hours. No return within two hours. Please see a member of staff if you think you’ll be longer.

If you would like to appeal a PCN directly, click here: https://parkwatchappeals.iview.co.uk

Please note the signs throughout the car park along with the following restrictions:

• One Stop Shopping Centre car park is for visitors to the shopping centre only.
  • There is a maximum stay of four consecutive hours.
  • Please park in the marked bays only.
  • Disabled spaces are provided for blue badge holders.
  • Please do not park on footpaths, roadways or double yellow lines.
  • No waiting or stopping is permitted along the red route.
  • Failure to meet these regulations may result in a Parking Charge Notice.

One Stop Shopping Centre car park is private property and is managed by Park Watch on behalf of the owners.

There was a piece on the news today saying that these private parking sharks are issuing around 37,000 tickets a day

9 hours ago, iainb said:

There are burger joints on the site though isn't there? So surely the barriers won't be down

There's a KFC in the middle of the car park, and there are no barriers on the access roads 

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

There's a KFC in the middle of the car park, and there are no barriers on the access roads 

Ok point taken,  let you be the first to park there for the first meeting  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

That is incorrect !

There are big iron gates on the entrance to the car park.

I don't know if they are closed anytime soon after 8pm when the shops close.

Out of interest Martin did you park at the One Stop last season?

It seems to have gone quiet with regards signings that have been made but not yet announced and rumoured signings, I cannot for the life of me see what advantage the holding back of announcements has, it certainly won't help them sell more season tickets in fact it probably has the opposite effect. I will assume therefore that they have NOT actually signed the top two riders that they badly need, they have 17.59 points available for these two riders and if they don.t use most of that up then it won't matter how many season tickets they sell. I see many comments about Birmingham having the strongest bottom four in the PL, well I'm sorry but that won't get them off the bottom of the League and won't put bums on seats.

Laguta simply has to be persuaded to sign as No1 along with another decent rider at No5 that would mean they should be strong at Home and more competitive away from home, yes I have read the comments about Laguta picking and choosing his meetings but basically beggars cannot be choosers and Brum need someone of Laguta's ability.

Edited by heathen52

I have it from the horse's mouth (different horse) that the new signings will be announced "In the fullness of time". Make of that what you will. The other horse also commented that "People seem to think that you can just pick up a phone and sign riders. It isn't that simple".

5 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Martin did you park at the One Stop last season

No need, I live within walking distance of the Stadium :D

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

It seems to have gone quiet with regards signings that have been made but not yet announced and rumoured signings,

14 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I have it from the horse's mouth (different horse) that the new signings will be announced "In the fullness of time". Make of that what you will. The other horse also commented that "People seem to think that you can just pick up a phone and sign riders. It isn't that simple".

I guess that you can't announce who you haven't yet signed. Shades of previous seasons it seems.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

It seems to have gone quiet with regards signings that have been made but not yet announced and rumoured signings, I cannot for the life of me see what advantage the holding back of announcements has, it certainly won't help them sell more season tickets in fact it probably has the opposite effect. I will assume therefore that they have NOT actually signed the top two riders that they badly need, they have 17.59 points available for these two riders and if they don.t use most of that up then it won't matter how many season tickets they sell. I see many comments about Birmingham having the strongest bottom four in the PL, well I'm sorry but that won't get them off the bottom of the League and won't put bums on seats.

Laguta simply has to be persuaded to sign as No1 along with another decent rider at No5 that would mean they should be strong at Home and more competitive away from home, yes I have read the comments about Laguta picking and choosing his meetings but basically beggars cannot be choosers and Brum need someone of Laguta's ability.

According  to Speedway star they havnt signed the last 2 yet .Talking to 6 different riders ...And No rush to sign them ....

What’s the cost of a top rider for a season? I’m sure if they are talking to 6 they all must be wanting similar sums of money?  

28 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

What’s the cost of a top rider for a season? I’m sure if they are talking to 6 they all must be wanting similar sums of money?  

£5k - £10k a meeting 

Multiplied by 24 meetings 

Total £120k - £240k

Plus, don't forget the club will have to pay for travel, accommodation etc etc

For one season you could be easily be looking at an investment of £150k - £250k 

So potentially why no decision has been made? The club may feel the longer they leave it the better deal they may get financially as a rider may take less money to sign at such a late stage as if there’s no deal on the table for a rider then there left with zero?