British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Would make a good second string ..

…………..Or easily the best mascot in the league?

5 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Would make a good second string ..

exactly!!! 
We need top heat leaders, not second stings or  mascots and, we  don’t want riders who throw a wobbler every time the track is wet !!! 

Edited by the hobbit

Would've thought that the way to building a strong side is to sign your so called big hitters first, then fill in the gaps with the second strings? 

Cmon Sam the manager.... make a statement about the top 2 riders that are going to make fans want to turn up? 

19 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Would've thought that the way to building a strong side is to sign your so called big hitters first, then fill in the gaps with the second strings? 

Cmon Sam the manager.... make a statement about the top 2 riders that are going to make fans want to turn up? 

Why would you now feel the need to rush it, when every other team has their 1-7 signed and announced. I’d look at it that Birmingham now is the ONLY choice for any rider looking to race in GB, and some who were not interested in Sept last year will now be looking at it. The announcements by other clubs will actually help encourage this, plus why would you announce a major signing in the run up or over Christmas when you would get zero publicity. 

They are more than aware they need a 1 & 5, just enjoy your egg nog 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, the hobbit said:

That does not make sense as surely,  for the vast majority of the season, he would be riding in Poland on  the Sunday afternoon and there are no shortage of flights from Poland to he UK so, no problem getting to Birmingham or, elsewhere for the vast majority of the Monday night fixture making up the majority of the premier league matches across the uk ? 

Thats not always strictly true - especially in Lindback’s case. He has signed for Landshut in the Polish league but they are actually a German side. It’s all relevant to where they can fly into in Sweden too.

It might well be possible but the rider themself might not want to travel from Sweden, to Germany/Poland, to the UK and then back to Sweden before returning to their base.

Considering Birmingham appeared to be struggling crowd wise i thought it a strange move to move up into the premiership given the additional cost, at least it keeps another club going but will they see out the season? Those were my initial thoughts, Birmingham is a large city with a good catchment area and given the loss of Coventry, Cradley, and now sadly Wolves the opportunity is surely there to attract good crowds, so taking their time to put out an attractive team with a competetive top two is understandable. Good luck to Nigel Tolley i hope he pulls it off, i hope Birmingham turn out to be a sucsess story. Happy New Year to all forum members.

Edited by bellevueace

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Considering Birmingham appeared to be struggling crowd wise i thought it a strange move to move up into the premiership given the additional cost, at least it keeps another club going but will they see out the season? Those were my initial thoughts, Birmingham is a large city with a good catchment area and given the loss of Coventry, Cradley, and now sadly Wolves the opportunity is surely there to attract good crowds, so taking their time to put out an attractive team with a competetive top two is understandable. Good luck to Nigel Tolley i hope he pulls it off, i hope Birmingham turn out to be a sucsess story. Happy New Year to all forum members.

Having to change their race night had a lot to do with moving up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

I am struggling to think of a reason why Birmingham are not signing Artem Laguta.

Possible Reason 1 - Laguta doesn't want to sign?
Possible Reason 2 - Despite Laguta having a passport of convenience, Trolly doesn't want to employ a Russian?

37 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

I am struggling to think of a reason why Birmingham are not signing Artem Laguta.

Because he let his British clubs down last year by missing matches? Plus was poor away from home for a former world champion.

22 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think Schlein would tick a lot of boxes for Brum, knows the riders and promotion well, good out of the gate and Birmingham is a smallish track and he knows how to defend a line, a name everyone is familiar with and wouldn't be breaking the bank. On a good average for Brum too 

Schlein would have been a good signing, but not now they are looking for heat leaders.

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because he let his British clubs down last year by missing matches? Plus was poor away from home for a former world champion.

Laguta was visiting tracks for the first time last year. He will be so much better on his 2nd visit.

Birmingham would be silly not to sign Artem.

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Schlein would have been a good signing, but not now they are looking for heat leaders.

Schlein for Lampart would have been better .Then Cook would have been at number 6..