British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

44 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not saying it’s them 2. But both have been spoken to. 

but so as BZ, laguta and many others. 

But they won’t get a top top rider because they would have secured it by now or if they do they will be paying desperate money. 

rumoured BZ was offered 7k per meeting 

Brum clearly haven't learnt their lesson from last time.

Piotr Pawlicki would be a good signing but surely a deal would've been done by now if Piotr was in the 1-7 considering he made it known that he wanted to ride in the UK ages ago?

I can't imagine that's it's Brum not willing to pull the trigger because he's one of the best options by far.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Still saying Schlein plus another.

Brum would've been complete by now if they managed to get 2 quality riders in.

They've signed 5 riders on a budget and are hoping to get two HL's in however the names being linked with Brum now are of much lesser quality than they were at the start.

Maybe Sam will don the kevlars again? :D

2 hours ago, TTT said:

They've signed 5 riders on a budget and are hoping to get two HL's in however the names being linked with Brum now are of much lesser quality than they were at the start.

If they announce Schlein then I think there will be riots… or the equivalent to that of what small fan base there might be!

Birmingham would be a laughing stock after reeling off names like Laguta, Zmarzlik, Lindgren, Lindback and then ending up with Schlein….

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Birmingham are leading their fans on, no way is Zmarzlik riding in the UK. So why even make him an offer?

Brummies are going to end up with no heat leaders. I don't think they are prepared to pay Artem Laguta what he is worth. Artem is a world champion and deserves to be paid accordingly.

Acceptable riders for Birmingham to sign as number 1

1. Zmarzlik

2. Laguta

3. Vaculik

4. Madsen

5. Lindgren

6. Dudek

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Alot depends on the final 2 ...

35 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Birmingham are leading their fans on, no way is Zmarzlik riding in the UK. So why even make him an offer?

Brummies are going to end up with no heat leaders. I don't think they are prepared to pay Artem Laguta what he is worth. Artem is a world champion and deserves to be paid accordingly.

Acceptable riders for Birmingham to sign as number 1

1. Zmarzlik

2. Laguta

3. Vaculik

4. Madsen

5. Lindgren

6. Dudek

All expensive  .And want a fortune ..

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

If they announce Schlein then I think there will be riots… or the equivalent to that of what small fan base there might be!

Birmingham would be a laughing stock after reeling off names like Laguta, Zmarzlik, Lindgren, Lindback and then ending up with Schlein….

I agree.

Just think it's a possibility when you take into account that Brum are now being linked with new riders like Milik and Chugunov and they're engine room riders so it reeks of desperation.

I'm working on the basis that Piotr Pawlicki and Matej Zagar are no go's as well now because they would've been signed weeks ago if they was in, I can't imagine them waiting around for weeks knowing that they're playing second fiddle to other riders because it gives out a poor message like 'We'll only have you if we cant get anyone better in'.

I don't think anyone is really surprised Birmingham are struggling to get someone in..there team building has been shocking in recent times. 

46 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

If you can't find a number 1 then you need to drop Zach Cook and replace him with a 6/7 point rider.

If that was the case keep Z Cook and get rid of Lampart .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

If that was the case keep Z Cook and get rid of Lampart .

The fact the top two haven’t been signed makes it even more baffling that they have signed Lampart. I get this feeling they think that Lampart is going to be some sort of world beater and he is the next big thing out of Poland - which isn’t the case unfortunately. 

The top 2 should be signed and then they could decide whether to continue with Lampart or go with a stronger 6/7 pointer.

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The fact the top two haven’t been signed makes it even more baffling that they have signed Lampart. I get this feeling they think that Lampart is going to be some sort of world beater and he is the next big thing out of Poland - which isn’t the case unfortunately. 

The top 2 should be signed and then they could decide whether to continue with Lampart or go with a stronger 6/7 pointer.

If he was that good  he would  have gone elsewhere...

Is Christof Harriski available?

51 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Is Christof Harriski available?

Most weeks I believe....