British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

So have Brum actually signed the final two or not now?

If they haven't then the alarm bells are about to ring, No top rider will make a last minute decision to take on another work load, They're top professionals who'll want everything in place ASAP.

What on earth are Birmingham doing?

Artem Lagtua is only riding in 1 league next year. He cannot ride in Sweden and the GPs. No rider can go through an entire season by riding once a week on a Sunday.

Laguta is desperate for a UK contract and Birmingham need a big number 1. 

What am I missing? This is a match made in heaven.

Edited by LagutaRacingFan

22 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

What on earth are Birmingham doing?

Artem Lagtua is only riding in 1 league next year. He cannot ride in Sweden and the GPs. No rider can go through an entire season by riding once a week on a Sunday.

Laguta is desperate for a UK contract and Birmingham need a big number 1. 

What am I missing? This is a match made in heaven.

I expect his demands exceed their valuation.

Think Brum are goosed now tbh. It’s obvious that they are having to work very hard to persuade someone to come over. None of the riders mentioned actually want to race in the UK so I would question how much effort they would put in.

56 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I expect his demands exceed their valuation.

Laguta earns £2,000 per point for Wroclaw.

He would be prepared to join Birmingham for 30% of that. How much lower can he go?

Edited by LagutaRacingFan
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Think Brum are goosed now tbh. It’s obvious that they are having to work very hard to persuade someone to come over. None of the riders mentioned actually want to race in the UK so I would question how much effort they would put in.

Laguta and Kolodziej are both available. They would turn Birmingham into title contenders.

7 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta earns £2,000 per point for Wroclaw.

He would be prepared to join Birmingham for 30% of that. How much lower can he go?

30% plus a van mechanic, flights etc etc.  The list will go on. I'm not saying your wrong but there are other things  to consider. 

One can only think that N.T is trying to source 'Sponsorship', in order to get the last 2 deals done?

There's supposed to be some news in the SS today? If anybody out there can 'update' ?

Two guests to start the season then. Maybe we should start guessing who they will be. I'll go for Bomber to guest as one and bomber for the other.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta and Kolodziej are both available. They would turn Birmingham into title contenders.

Not sure about title contenders, but they'd definitely have a positive impact on attendance levels, which is more important long term!?

2 minutes ago, Deano said:

Two guests to start the season then. Maybe we should start guessing who they will be. I'll go for Bomber to guest as one and bomber for the other.

I reckon Sam's been practicing throughout the winter !:D

10 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I reckon Sam's been practicing throughout the winter !:D

Sam has been in Australia this winter, practicing and tempting Jason Lyons out of retirement?:lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deano said:

Could be a bit tricky that...

Given Bomber could be guesting for the opposition too...

59 minutes ago, Petecc said:

30% plus a van mechanic, flights etc etc.  The list will go on. I'm not saying your wrong but there are other things  to consider. 

Yeah...To expensive...