British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

10 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Comments like this are why Speedway is in a mess..... 

Exactly, loyal fans do turn up but there just isn’t enough of them. A rubbish team won’t be supported by people out for an enjoyable evening.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, eric i said:

I hoped for speedways and Birmingham's sake that the Brummies could have a succesful year but 2.59 under the points limit........ not good. 

Team limit is far to much under ...could have gone higher with the other riders...

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Despite the general negativity on here, thank goodness for the loads of positive comments on particularly Facebook! 

Haven't checked the other social platforms.

It looks a decent solid team and on a 'Track by Terry' they should do well.

Pawlicki should do ok...milik isnt a number 5....

This so called shortlist must have been non existent if you're signing Milik on a 7.50 when his actual average is 5.67.

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Assuming all have had the same number of meetings/heats ?

How is that relevant to averages?  I very much doubt you'll ever get two riders having done the same number of rides in a season.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

This so called shortlist must have been non existent if you're signing Milik on a 7.50 when his actual average is 5.67.

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

Because they make it up as they go along? Wonder what Maciejs average is still...

29 minutes ago, TTT said:

His ancient average is irrelevant - a completely different rider now in terms of experience.  A not bad signing compared with some of the names that had been bandied about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wiktor Lampart should be a 5.00 and not a 6.00 as well, Just like Tarasenko and Wojdylo were last year.

6 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

His ancient average is irrelevant - a completely different rider now in terms of experience.  A not bad signing compared with some of the names that had been bandied about.

Yeah ...But not good enough  when u look at other teams ..

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

SCB Regs:

"010.2.3 Amended MA’s
With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -
a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for
more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)"

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

SCB Regs:

"010.2.3 Amended MA’s
With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -
a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for
more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)"

Who decides what the average will be in these cases.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Who decides what the average will be in these cases.

"Assessed rider gradings are calculated as follows: -
Riders new to Premiership League racing are categorised as follows: -
a) a rider riding in a professional league in the previous or current
season will be assessed on a Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other professional Speedway leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly"

And ... before you ask ... there doesn't appear to be a published list of gradings.

PS: I'm assuming they're classed as new riders because they don't have "current" CMAs.

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

"Assessed rider gradings are calculated as follows: -
Riders new to Premiership League racing are categorised as follows: -
a) a rider riding in a professional league in the previous or current
season will be assessed on a Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other professional Speedway leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly"

And ... before you ask ... there doesn't appear to be a published list of gradings.

PS: I'm assuming they're classed as new riders because they don't have "current" CMAs.

I was asking what Personal decide.BSPA or Certain Individuals given the task agreed by the Promotions.We all know hard and fast rules are on a fag  packet somewhere.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

I hoped for speedways and Birmingham's sake that the Brummies could have a succesful year but 2.59 under the points limit........ not good. 

I made it 1.6 with the 2 latest additions increased averages :t: But would of been over 4 if they hadn't " re assessed" their averages, which would of looked silly. Mean while i think Magics went down. :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke