British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

It is ridiculous but have rider's ever had their averages increased?? Also to a half point figure of 7.50?? 

Absolutely, Birmingham's management have requested it rather than the rider's being given it. 

The numbers just make no sense at all, Pawlicki & Milik are nowhere near 7.50 rider's 

Pawlicki is and I would expect him to average around that. Milik on the other hand certainly isn’t.

28 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You assume because Lampart rides in the Esktraliga and Wojdylo is only in the 2nd tier

Thanks for the info :t:

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

When a promoter talks about Zmarzlik and then delivers Pawlicki/Milk.

They should be embarrassed.

I would say that the Promoter, who's putting all his hard earned money in...is being very badly advised by someone who's putting no money in and their level is MDL.....

• Like 1

Still no Club statement from the Official Team Manager's thoughts, on the completion of what they've got to work with?

May be they're the embarrassed ones? :D

Edited by GiveusaB

51 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You assume because Lampart rides in the Esktraliga and Wojdylo is only in the 2nd tier

Come on Brummie fans , give the promoter a break . You still have a club , the team will be competitive and entertaining . To be fair Tolly never said he was talking to Zmarali k , only said it wouldn’t frighten him off . Other fans have got carried away with names on here . He has done well and the team will be good to watch

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

Come on Brummie fans , give the promoter a break . You still have a club , the team will be competitive and entertaining . To be fair Tolly never said he was talking to Zmarali k , only said it wouldn’t frighten him off . Other fans have got carried away with names on here . He has done well and the team will be good to watch

Just for the record as you quoted me, I am not a Birmingham fan. Far from it.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Thanks for the info :t:

I would say that the Promoter, who's putting all his hard earned money in...is being very badly advised by someone who's putting no money in and their level is MDL.....

Maybe the riderssigned represent the best of who actually want to ride in the UK? It's all very well people talking about Zmarzlik, Laguta and Dudek but if they don't want to cone then it means zip.

• Like 1

Maybe.....who knows?

I'll be going and hoping that we'll be entertained!

If, like you said in a previous post.....Pawliki/Milik will ride the boards, then we'll be in for some great racing....

Terry is working hard to get a decent surface down, which should suit any rider that's got bottle!

We just have to wait and see!?

17 hours ago, iainb said:

They had the pick of the league before them along with everybody else... Well, as soon as they knew they were continuing, still plenty to choose from

this is the issue, other clubs were already sorting their riders for this year in the middle of last year, Birmingham didn't know what they were doing so missed out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Birmingham didn't know what they were doing

you've certainly hit the nail on the head there

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

you've certainly hit the nail on the head there

Lol ... 3 seasons running!

I wonder why that is???

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can only speak for myself of course but seeing some different riders will make me go and see Brum this coming year, Milik and Pawlicki have been good value at Lynn in the past. 

In the past ...Pawlicki was good at M.G ten yrs ago ..Not the same rider now...Milik is ok for number  3 or 4 Not 5...its a week team ...

3 hours ago, Pumpy said:

They will loose alot at home and away well what can u say ..

52 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They will loose alot at home and away well what can u say ..

Shame they didn’t use the extra 1.59 at the bottom end, would have been Brennan or Lampart at No 6 then.

Edited by Call me wolfie

41 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Shame they didn’t use the extra 1.59 at the bottom end, would have been Brennan or Lampart at No 6 then.

Who could they have signed? A third rider on 7.50 instead of Lampart? Robert Lambert instead of Worrall?  I wouldn't replace Cook.

Maybe the leeway is because two different "marquee" signings could have been 8.00 assessed, thus only 0.6 left over.

Pawlicki is still a decent rider and if anything is a lot more ruthless than he used to be, bordering on the Nicki Pedersen school of riding ,milik should do ok in this league, again another hard rider who doesn’t back out of challenges  lampart is a bit of a gate and go merchant but he can gate so imo will do well around Perry Barr,  I think brum will be hard to beat at home and hopefully competitive away