British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

On 3/7/2024 at 4:22 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

The British premier league looks like it is starting incredibly early, this year. Why is this? Standing around freezing one's nuts off on April evenings is bad enough, but March is far too cold.

https://www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-men-productaffiliation-coatsandjackets-0

Surely Birmingham have to sign a short term replacement for Pawlicki ?.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Based on previous seasons, they should be allowed to use a guest up to 5.63 (75% of Pawlicki's average). But I'm sure they'll find someone willing to race for a few weeks.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Or a long term replacement that uses up the spare capacity within the averages, and sack Pawlicki.  Maybe showing "toughness" on the Poles may boost the fans opinion of the management, especially those fans who hate the Poles.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Based on previous seasons, they should be allowed to use a guest up to 5.63 (75% of Pawlicki's average). But I'm sure they'll find someone willing to race for a few weeks.

Which bit of the rule book allows for that? Has the rule that says that NO facility is allowed for a rider who hasn't ridden for a team been removed? When that rule was enforced on us in 2007 (for the absent Emiliano Sanchez) all that the Brummies were allowed was a 3.00 NL guest, who was purely there as a make-weight..Have things changed since then?  Using that logic, Theoretically then, if Pawlicki is sacked and someone is "hired" with an actual or assessed 12.00 average (if such a person would exist) then if he never showed up, a permanent guest up to an average of 9.00 (=75%) could be allowed? That would be handy wouldn't it? 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Which bit of the rule book allows for that? Has the rule that says that NO facility is allowed for a rider who hasn't ridden for a team been removed? When that rule was enforced on us in 2007 (for the absent Emiliano Sanchez) all that the Brummies were allowed was a 3.00 NL guest, who was purely there as a make-weight..Have things changed since then?  Using that logic, Theoretically then, if Pawlicki is sacked and someone is "hired" with an actual or assessed 12.00 average (if such a person would exist) then if he never showed up, a permanent guest up to an average of 9.00 (=75%) could be allowed? That would be handy wouldn't it? 

I don't know what the rulebook says, just basing my answer on Plymouth using a (75%) guest for Dan T when he got injured before riding for them. Same thing happened when Poole didn't sign Smetana was it in 2021? 

When a team has "no facility" that no longer means a 3.00 rider, it means 75% of the missing riders average.

Thanks to Diamonds85 for the correction.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know what the rulebook says, just basing my answer on Plymouth using a (75%) guest for Dan T when he got injured before riding for them. Same thing happened when Poole didn't sign Nicki Skorna was it in 2021? 

When a team has "no facility" that no longer means a 3.00 rider, it means 75% of the missing riders average.

I dont remember anyone of that name being signed by Poole. I read Nicki Skorja was supposed to ride for Newcastle.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Or a long term replacement that uses up the spare capacity within the averages, and sack Pawlicki.  Maybe showing "toughness" on the Poles may boost the fans opinion of the management, especially those fans who hate the Poles.

That was 17 years ago... the rulebook has probably changed 300 times since then...

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I dont remember anyone of that name being signed by Poole. I read Nicki Skorja was supposed to ride for Newcastle.

Smetana signed for Poole one season but never actually rode as he couldn't get a visa. I believe the op has mixed up Skorja and Smetana. I was really looking forward to watching both ride for the Diamonds in 2020. It's a shame they, or anyone else, never will again.

Edited by Diamonds85

12 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Yes, but it's Rogers doing the signing...so ???

I wonder how many B'ham fans feel inspired to travel to Oxford this Thursday?

All we can do is pray for rain!

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Yes, but it's Rogers doing the signing...so ???

I wonder how many B'ham fans feel inspired to travel to Oxford this Thursday?

All we can do is pray for rain!

I’m going!!! God knows why. Yet another meeting where all I am hoping for is that it isn’t an another total  embarrassment like so many of last years meetings were. I won’t hold my breath . 

Edited by the hobbit

18 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I’m going!!! God knows why. Yet another meeting where all I am hoping for is that it isn’t an another total  embarrassment like so many of last years meetings were. I won’t hold my breath . 

Fair play.....I hope you have a safe trip!

Are you going to P/P today?

Even if Birmingham sign Rory Schlein as a temporary replacement for Pawlicki, I don't think they'll get thrashed. They've not got any "duffers" in the team, 5 points each = 35 points, which I think is doable.

I have a feeling it will be Schlein or Riss !?

Can't see Lampart/Flint scoring 5 points each?

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Fair play.....I hope you have a safe trip!

Are you going to P/P today?

No, at work 

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

That was 17 years ago... the rulebook has probably changed 300 times since then...

Smetana signed for Poole one season but never actually rode as he couldn't get a visa. I believe the op has mixed up Skorja and Smetana. I was really looking forward to watching both ride for the Diamonds in 2020. It's a shame they, or anyone else, never will again.

I remember Smetana so that is where the confusion is possibly.