British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Col said:

I take it no Piotr Pawlicki on Monday for the visit of the Owlerton Tigers?

Copy and pasted from Polish site Sportowefakty:

At the beginning of March, the Falubaz Zielona Góra team went to a training camp in Świnoujście. Unfortunately, the trip ended unlucky for Piotr Pawlicki, who returned home with an injury.

Piotr Pawlicki  was preparing intensively for the new season and suffered a muscle injury just before the first training sessions on the track. The athlete did not hide that he needed a few weeks to get back to full fitness.

The Pole had to withdraw from the first matches in Great Britain. From the machine park, he also watched his friends who were training at 69 Wrocławska Street in Zielona Góra.

- Rehabilitation is going well, I feel very good and I can't wait to get on the motorcycle - admitted the Falubaz Zielona Góra rider .

ADVERTISING

The 29-year-old was on the starting list of the Golden Helmet final, which is also the Jerzy Szczakiel Memorial. The competition will take place on April 1. There is a good chance that we will see Pawlicki on the track.

- It's not easy watching the boys skate, but I have to be patient and wait for my turn. [...] Next week I will get on a motorcycle - he added

——————

For further context, Zielona Gora have said that Pawlicki won’t be riding next Tuesday or Wednesday in sparring meetings either.

But, Pawlicki will be back on a bike from next week at some point - So I wouldn’t expect him to be riding over here next Monday almost certainly…. Or even the following Monday at home to Oxford, as it sounds like he could be busy elsewhere in Poland!

Edited by Najjer

Just out of interest and may be a silly question but why does Riss name keep popping up to replace any rider than is expected to leave Birmingham?

1 hour ago, 1stbender said:

Just out of interest and may be a silly question but why does Riss name keep popping up to replace any rider than is expected to leave Birmingham?

Because it makes a change from Rory Schlein? Maybe??

Well, I shall make my Perry Barr return when Brummies are at full strength.

12 hours ago, Col said:

Let's hope not many decide to do that, as, if they do, Brum may never get a chance to be at full strength ever again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Col said:

Why not go support the 6 that are going to be putting 100% in for your club? And Scotty Nicholls isn’t no slouch

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

When was that? Anyway, I doubt that Vaclav Milik can pull up any trees, always seemed a bit of an imposter to me. 3 or 4 more matches should be enough to establish his normal  points contribution. That's when they may have to turn to Riss.

2019. And they could do better than Riss in the Premiership, surely? There are plenty of points available.

34 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Why not go support the 6 that are going to be putting 100% in for your club? And Scotty Nicholls isn’t no slouch

He is a Cradley fan from Wolverhampton!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, *JJ said:

He is a Cradley fan from Wolverhampton!

You’d think he’d be happy seeing some top flight speedway then 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Manifesto said:

You’d think he’d be happy seeing some top flight speedway then 

He is never happy.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 3:20 PM, 1stbender said:

Because someone asked a question & people keep replying.

I'll add mine, Birmingham have strength in depth but lack heat leader strength. Riss isn't really the rider needed to improve the team.

• Like 1

Can see Riss replacing Milik eventually.

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Can see Riss replacing Milik eventually.

Be better with someone like Thorssell 

Just out of interest,  does everyone think that birmingham didn't ask riss , thorssell, Lindgren etc during the winter? Personally I expect they have all been asked and refused for various reasons and the club have landed with the best they could get. Is it not time to start to back the club ( turn up tomorrow would help) and stop trying to knock the club down before a wheel has turned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

Just out of interest,  does everyone think that birmingham didn't ask riss , thorssell, Lindgren etc during the winter? Personally I expect they have all been asked and refused for various reasons and the club have landed with the best they could get. Is it not time to start to back the club ( turn up tomorrow would help) and stop trying to knock the club down before a wheel has turned.

What part of my message is knocking the club?

But for what its worth, its an absolutely mental decision for Brum to of gone up a league with such a poor side. Have struggling sides attracted good crowds previously? No.

So they had to take a gamble and go up with a league challenging side to have a chance of making this work. And they haven't built a league challenging side. Its bottom of the table material unless big changes are made. The top 2, one is injured before a wheel has been turned and the other looks like being well out of his depth at number 1. Doesn't bode well, does it?

Would of been far better staying in middle tier and building a title winning side. Fair enough asking home fans to back the club and turn up but others who aren't fans of the club can see exactly what is going to happen.