British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

Birmingham are in a real mess - unless they make changes the losing run will continue and the fans will drift away.

Really can't understand why they signed Milik - never rated him and he has never done anything in England.

They still haven't worked out that Worrall is hopeless unless he can ride at number two - never understood why - it must be a confidence thing.

Much has been made about Flint over the last couple of years but he is going nowhere  and is not getting any better.

If Klindt is available that might be an option but they need at least one more heat leader from somewhere even if they sign him  - depends how deep Mr Tolley's pockets are but unless he does something its hard to see them lasting the season.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don't really need him imo, Brum need riders with higher averages to take the pressure off S. Worrall.

S. Worrall, Being the captain and riding as a HL is just too much pressure for a rider who's only ever been used to riding in the easy No.2 race jacket in this league.

That's why I haven't given Worrall any stick, It's no surprise to see him struggling considering he's been chucked in head first at the deep end.

Agree with your point about Worrall to a degree...

But my point about Riss is why didn't we sign him instead of, or in place of Lampart ?

Riss is better than Klindt.

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Agree with your point about Worrall to a degree...

But my point about Riss is why didn't we sign him instead of, or in place of Lampart ?

Riss is better than Klindt.

Worrall would be left as a HL then, Need to find a way to get Worrall at second string.

Bringing Riss in for Lampart would've left the engine room looking like this going by GSA's (2. Z. Cook......3. Worrall.......4. Brennan with Riss at 6)

But Klindt for Lampart leaves it looking like this (2. Brennan.....3. Klindt.....4. Worrall with Z. Cook at 6)

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Worrall would be left as a HL then, Need to find a way to get Worrall at second string.

Bringing Riss in for Lampart would've left the engine room looking like this going by GSA's (2. Z. Cook......3. Worrall.......4. Brennan with Riss at 6)

But Klindt for Lampart leaves it looking like this (2. Brennan.....3. Klindt.....4. Worrall with Z. Cook at 6)

Worrall could have ridden at number 2 all season, normally I'd put the weakest top 5 rider at 2. But if it's the only way to get him to score points, put Worrall at 2 with Brennan & Lampart / Klindt in the 3&4 pairing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

On current form it shouldn't be too long before Zach is a Prem heat leader!:t:

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

On current form it shouldn't be too long before Zach is a Prem heat leader!:t:

I think you and I could be heat leaders in that team :D

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

I see your point....albeit a little too technical for me ... LOL

From what I've seen this season poor Stevie Worrall seems to be struggling in whatever position he rides!

I think the trouble at Bham, is that the riders are not under any pressure to perform....they don't seem to be riding for their places!?

Pre-season Riss wasn't a mistake sign rider. For example despite Ipswich starting a point under the limit, they preferred Rew (who averaged less than 4.00) over Riss whose average is above 5.00. So by that logic Lampart over Riss was a sensible pick, especially as Riss has been going downhill in recent years. Now Riss could turn that around, but that's no guarantee.

Normally I'd suggest it's too early for changes, especially for a newcomer to British Speedway who could come good, but I'd sign Klint for Lampart, I wouldn't have signed Riss for Lampart.

The added advantage of Klindt is he keeps Zach Cook at reserve.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Begs the question why didn't we try and sign Riss ???

Do you not remember the Riss we had? The one who grossly underperformed and frequently gave up at the back, on lap two or three  then rode his bike back into the pits untroubled when the race finished ? 
I know I haven’t snd I know the management haven’t either. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole 

Edited by the hobbit

On 4/15/2024 at 8:23 AM, GiveusaB said:

Be lucky if this meeting beats the weather today!

Leicester way too strong for B'ham!

If it goes ahead....I predict 38-52.

You know before the match I thought you were being too negative, turns out you were spot on.

Trying to be positive for the sake of British Speedway, but if Brummies can't win with Nicholls at reserve then Nicholls replacing Lampart, when will they win?

• Thanks 1

It's still early doors and line ups can change but I just feel like patience is zero with the fans due to how poor they've been for quite a while now. They showed promise early doors but this fixture against an out of form lions side is a huge opportunity missed. I just really don't get how all the fans can see that the team is poor but the the guys in charge of team building think its a decent side? How did Oxford put a semi decent side together but Birmingham couldn't? I know Oxford have a few quid lying around but tolley isn't afraid to cough up the money. Didn't he say he would sign Zmarlik if he wanted to ride here? 

• Like 2

Laguta is the answer to Birmingham's problems.

Having the (real) world champion in the pits will inspire the rest of the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta is the answer to Birmingham's problems.

Having the (real) world champion in the pits will inspire the rest of the team.

The "lineal" world champion...

Never been beaten for the crown...B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

The "lineal" world champion...

Never been beaten for the crown...B)

Is that not Jan O'Pedersen or maybe Bruce Penhall?

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Is that not Jan O'Pedersen or maybe Bruce Penhall?

They retired and vacated the crown..

Laguta hasn't done either....;)